Home Chat General Chat

What training have you done today?

Comments

• madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    so you like pain .... you are revisiting Wimbleball next year .... go figure !!!

( pot calling kettle maybe.. )

not to mention Sherborne (with me) the year after ....
  • MikeyBMikeyB Posts: 135
    Commute to work and back on the bike - 18.5K

Easy run 8K

First proper training after a bad cold. Good to be back.

• WellaWella Posts: 188
    Saturday - Rugby

Sunday - 15km Run

Wednesday - Weights plus 20min Interval run

Wella
  • pacrfishpacrfish Posts: 266
    Wed - 45 min turbo session - more Coach Troy and his spinnervals....

Mad - do you realise how long you're going to have to wait for me to finish Sherbourne - you'll have drunk all the champagne/newcastle brown yourself by then!
    pacrfish wrote:

Mad - do you realise how long you're going to have to wait for me to finish Sherbourne - you'll have drunk all the champagne/newcastle brown yourself by then!

..... damn sussed again .... ('cept I think by 2008 you will be flying like the proverbiale witches stick)

11km run. Not sure if the wind and rain helped or hindered.

Wella
    Thu - 8 mile run/paddle. Unlike Wella, I was definitely hindered by the torrential rain, gale force winds and flooded roads (either that or I'm running like a very slow carthorse .....).

Mad - the penalty for consuming all the celebratory drinks before I get to the finish is ...... you just have to go and get more .......
  • Yesterday - 25minutes zone2 on the treadmill....all I can squash in at lunch...

Late start tomorrow at work do going for summat abit longer...

Pat...was looking at the Wimbleball results from last year to see what sorta times I might aim for and noticed you were on the podium does that mean you qualified for the worlds?

Hi loon - my podium spot was a never-to-be-repeated surprise - and only the first 2 went to the worlds!

Have moved up a category now, and the competition is a lot fiercer so next year's ambition is to pass a few more men on the bike (very satisfying!) and then to run the run - rather than walking most of it!

Guess this should be on the Wimbleball thread - but I have just booked the campsite for June .....

See you there ????
  • pat - i replied on the wimbleball thread ;)
    pacrfish wrote:

Unlike Wella, I was definitely hindered by the torrential rain, gale force winds and flooded roads (either that or I'm running like a very slow carthorse .....).

Pat,

The only way it helped me was to run faster so that I could get back to the office.

Friday - weights at the gym

Wella
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    1km swim, 8km run, and now off for a weekend of mountainbiking

today ..... bike (20 mile) & run (5 mile) [;)]
    Sat - 20 mile bike

Sun - birthday party for ten 8 year olds - much worse than any training session .....
    i have nursed people with self harm issues for years now many with chronic mental illness &/or profound personality disorders ....

pacrfish wrote:

birthday party for ten 8 year olds - much worse than any training session .....

should there be any adult survivors of the above I would be availible
    Sadly - no adult survivors - at least, none with hearing intact!

Many large drinks were required to ease the uncontrollable trembling and flashbacks (me that is, not the kids!)
  • monday - 50 lengths in pool - practiced drafting with someone who is doing the same triathlon as me in Jan. Anyone out there tried tactical drafting with a partner in the swim of a triathlon. Seems a good idea if we can keep together. We're about the same speed.

tuesday - 1hr on new bike - well new to me anyway - Cannondale ... 8 years old but I love it!

• club swim last night - many lengths very hard...man my swimming is poor

Mon - 45 mins run intervals

Tue - rest - bliss ...
  • today 25minutes zone 2 on the treadmill
  • monday 2500m club swim session

Tuesday 8 mile run

Jane
  • Today i swam only 500m. However, my wednesday session usually features a timed 50m sprint so I tend to reserve my efforts for that. Pleased to get 29.30 seconds. x
  • GOOD GOD.

Was away from the forum for a bit and returned recently only to find out this thread is really flying. I see the majority of people who submitted are still among us.

As for training, all's going well. Running a lot as I have a 5miler on St. Stephen's Day. Sprints tonight.
    Wed - 45 mins intervals on turbo

Thu - 50 min brick session (10 mins bike, 6 mins run x 3)
  • 1 hour of weights focussing on upper body. x

Mon - rest

Tue - run intervals 45 mins

Wed - bike intervals 45 mins (ish)

Plus lots of unhealthy eating/drinking ......
  • monday night swim coaching....rent really well it was more or less one on one...knock about 10s off per 50m from the start to end of the session also set a 100m pb

follow by nowt but rest for the rest of this week

gonna try and do a few runs up the hills at my mum's over christmas but as its christmas I thinking these will be few and far between..

• Sunday 25 mile bike ride

Tuesday 5km bike ride

weds 25 mile bike ride

Jane
    Thu - 70 min bricks

Plus lots of chocolate ...
  • 4km run - 26:33 - just taking it easy

2 degrees fog and dark loved it

figured I better sort it out now that I have entered wimbleball ;)