Home Chat General Chat

toilet training

Hi all,

I was hoping I could find people who are having/had similar problems as I currently am. My winter swimming and biking training are moving at a steady pace. However, when I put my trainers on I get around 20mins into a run and I'm literally running for the toilet for a no2. This is proving to be a real problem, especially when out with training partners. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong when it comes to hydration or pre-running diet. Has anyone suffered these problems before? All suggestions welcome.

sah.

Comments

• GraemeGraeme Posts: 48
    I tend to take a few sheets of toilet roll with me when I'm on a 4 or 5 hour training session on my bike, as having been caught short about 50miles from home not so long ago and having to use a garage toilet and leave my bike outside, i've decided it's wise.

On the dietry side, high fiber energy bars have some pretty random effects on peoples tummies.
  • BonusBBonusB Posts: 279
    Nearly all energy supplements (drinks, gels and bars) will effect different people in different ways, hence the oft reeated piece of advice never to try anything new on race day.

It may be an idea to look at your supplements and cut them out gradually seeing if that makes a difference. Beyond that I can't think of anything else other than to say if you exhasut all options then have a word with the doctor.
  • bennibenni Posts: 4
    its the old runners trots,old boy can be caused by numerous things,caffiene,too much fluid and other such things but the motion of running pretty much does it,better of trying to have agood dump before you set off,also try looking on running web sites [:@]
  • Thanks for the advice guys.