Home Chat General Chat

Blenheim Triathlon - Worth doing?

Has anybody doe this event ? Is it worth doing ? It would be great to hear opinions on it.

Comments

• Yes i have, in actual fact i preferred this to the London tri. The water was alot better, cleaner, visable. The ride I felt was much better (Off road rather then on) and the run more pleasant. I thought the surroundings in general were much nicer and parking was on-site.
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    I've done it three times now and love it. It was also my first, so holds a special place in my slow beating triathlon heart.

A really great thing is that it is quite an enclosed course. So if you have family and friend supporting you, they'll get to see you go past more than at road based events.

It's very well organised, too.
  • £68 for a spint?...is that correct??..how does that compare to last years entry fee?
  • Sprint fees are astronomical when compared to Olympic!
    You've got almost 8 months so plenty of time to train for OD.
  • i thought Blenheim had an OD option, but just sprint by the look of it...
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    Much prefer Windsor - but think that's full now - but the lake at Blenheim is lovely!!
  • andyb99andyb99 Posts: 229
    i'm signed up for this. a good mate has done it twice and he really rates it. so i'm in!!!
    £68 is quite steep though init
  • Thought £68 is a bit steep for a Sprint. Something else worth noting is that Blenheim Palace people charge entrance fee for spectators. Not sure how much but something worth checking! It all adds up!
  • BexHBexH Posts: 226
    I did this as my 2nd ever event and it was great. It was expensive and really rainy but I would say it was well worth the money. My workmates are still taking the piss out of me for my comment 'as I ran across the palace courtyard'.... oh I'm sooo posh. No honestly, that has to be a pretty cool transition area compared to other events and my mate said London was manic as so huge.