Home Chat General Chat

What's the best triathlon

Well with winter training comes the look forward to next year, so anyone done an exceptional tri this year? Has anyone got a favourite they think we should all tri (sorry for the punn).

Comments

• ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Nottingham Tri @ Holme Pierrpont - Triathlon in a stadium. Great atmosphere
  • If anyone fancies the all over holiday/race experience - Vineman 70.3, we had a great couple of weeks in California, a brilliant and very inclusive race (stunning swim in the river, cycle through the wine region, run around the vineyard and how many races do other runners congratulate you on as you go past them?), fab organisation and a vast array of US snacks at the aid stations which were run by the various SF tri clubs so all trying to be the best!

http://ironman.com/columns/gruenfeld/lee-gruenfeld-captures-the-day-of-racing-at-the-vineman-ironman-70.3

At the other end of the spectrum distance-wise, I also liked Hever Castle sprint!
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    well none to be honest cause I'm one of the folks that get passed...
  • sportevesporteve Posts: 141
    i think the best tri for next season has to be 70.3 IM Boulder for it is going to be the first one to be held there!
    so,.. with boulder being what some of the best elite triathletes call home, its challenging altimeter and the honour of taking part at the virginal event, what could beat it?
  • undoubtedbly, the Embrun long distance race, bike course has to be the most scenic in Europe and the support is fantastic.
  • That looks amazing I think that one goes on the list!!! the Views look incredible.
  • Definately Quelle Challenge Roth, what
    an atmosphere