Home Chat General Chat

Footage of me being drafted at IMFL

risris Posts: 1,002
all of the riders behind you should be ashamed for not having the self discipline to race properly and the race organisers should be ashamed of themselves for not enforcing the bike leg properly. if an im branded event can't organise the event properly then what are they taking the entry fees for?

that being said they make a hopeless peloton, if any of them had been organised then they'd have been going a lot quicker than that. either way you cut it they are shit riders.

Comments

• totally agree,
    i only race sprints & oly's, & it doe's my head in, let alone to drag half an Ironman field around with you.
    even when i've seen draught busters filming them, i've yet to see anyone d/q'ed for it,
    i thought may be this was just something that happened in Ireland, obviously not.

i started a thread ' should draughters be pushed of their bike' a while back, [only light hearted],
    and someone took offence! perhaps he was the one trying to thief the bottle from the back of the bomber!
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    I see the footage is now on the 220 web page under TRI TV.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    I can't get youtube at work. Can you read their numbers?

Name and shame them at

http://www.saynotodrafting.org/
  • jacjac Posts: 452
    What's the solution then?
    Shorten the field, more marshalls? Allow drafting!?
  • some strong opinions on the youtube site.....
    are there ever any words exhanged in this situation?...can imagine a few choice words...

how did you find out about the footage? needle in the haystack to capture this behaviour....
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    jac wrote:
    What's the solution then?
    Shorten the field, more marshalls? Allow drafting!?
    surface to surface!

trouble with marshalls is that any opinion is open to interpretation and a fair bit of luckin catching people, but they have to be the starting point.

the video at imfl isn't a bit of wheel-sucking of a couple of people though, it's a whole bloody mass. if it was as conehead suggests and only a mile from the aid station then it should have been abundantly obvious to people organising the event it was going on.

at the end of the day it is up to the competitors to act responsibly, but if they can't then the fear of being caught should be real and the implications suitably worrying. if the public can video it that easily then surely the marshalls can.
  • CH - seen this site? guy reckons he has more footage to share ...also mentions the aid station

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/Slowtwitch_ ... _P2581106/
  • bulletbullet Posts: 115
    Conehead i agree with you BASTARDS

Was the guy filming it in the race ?

If he was ,couldn't have took it very seriously ?

Well done by the way .