Home Chat General Chat

Help me find a bike please

Hi there,
I have just joined the website and I am in need of some help.
Having completed a few Olympic Triathlons I have now decided to do my first ironman next year. I want to upgarde my bike as the one I have is a bit old and crap!!!
I want to get a time trial bike for between £1500-£2000 sounds easy you say................I am 6ft 7" not so easy now is it!!!
Has anyone got any ideas as to where I can get such a bike
Any help would be much appreciated.
Many thanks,
David

Comments

• doogledoogle Posts: 58
    Try going to a frame builder, you should find a lot listed in most cycling mags.
    you may not get a full carbon frame but many will do part carbon or full titanium. i'm sure sabbath bicycles do custom sized full titanium.

hope this helps
  • try 'giants' website
  • Which Ironman?

Where are you based? If you're on London then the Evans on the Cut near waterloo station is trying to get rid of its 09 models - has got odd sizes, i.e for very short people (me) or for very tall people (you). Might be worth a bash. There is another option, but i'll get told off for suggesting it ...

BRIDGTOWN CYCLES
  • danny_sdanny_s Posts: 235
    Trek is making their TTX's in a super large size next year (64cm?). Really great looking bikes with very low drag numbers. I guess it depends on whether or not you fit their proportions, but I'm 6'3 and needed a longer than average reach for my height, and the Trek fit great.