Home Chat Race Chat

Half Iron Man with a flat (ish) bike course?

Hello,

I'm looking to do a Half Ironman this year (preferably after the London Olympic), the ones I've looked as so far have hilly bike courses. Does anyone know of a middle distance event in the UK with a fairly flat (road bike worthy) course?

Cheers,

Kelly

Comments

• pacrfishpacrfish Posts: 266
    The Big Half at Trentham Gardens? There are some hills, but they're not too horrendous. Good luck!
  • Cheers Pat,

I'm all signed up!

Thanks,

Kelly
  • hi

im looking to do half ironman events next year one mid year and one towards end of season

what would people recommend?

i did the vitruvian this year which was tough but good

the big half is the week before london which im doing (but not entered yet) so not overly keen on that as think ill still be recovering and want to do good time in london
  • You could try the big cow half in Milton Keynes...not done it myself but heard good things!
  • madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    Helvellyn

Eastnor castle

Vitruvian

Wimbleball

all awesome races .. a bit lumpy in places .... on my calendar for next season .... [:D]
  • RobRob Posts: 209
    Kelly, follow this link & it'll take you to the Beacon Leisure website. The Half is in Sept, goes around the New Forest & is not too hilly (in comparison to say Wimbleball). It filled up quite early last year.

http://www.beaconleisure.co.uk/events.php?pid=1037

Cheers

Rob
  • Thanks for the suggestion Rob, I'm all signed up for Trentham now and still plan on doing London Olympic the following week.

Slightly ambitious I think but I'll give it a go.

Cheers,

Kelly