Home Chat General Chat

100 push ups or 200 squats..

so looking to challenge a few mates to a pre-chrimbo challenge to be perfomed on New Years day wth a mother of all hangoers.....either the 100 push ups challenge or the 200 squat challenge...not wanting to waste the opportunity want to see what people thought would be best for the Tri training...(thinking squats are probably harder but more beneficial?)...

http://hundredpushups.com/
http://twohundredsquats.com/

also, anyone fancy being in the virtual challenge?...

Comments

• It's a no brainer, do both. One won't fatigue the other, and vice versa. Squat then
    press ups. Might as well start the year with a proper challenge, rather than bring a pussy and trying something any numpty could do.
  • okennyokenny Posts: 231
    fantastic idea!

I wonder how much that would improve my swimming!!
    What do you reckon?
  • You'd be able to push off the wall better for a starter
  • okennyokenny Posts: 231
    I was thinking more about the pushups - I have a dodgy ankle so the squats are not for me.

(I broke it doing Judo a few years ago, it was operated on a few times, now it's got reduced flexability - thankfully I can still run)
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    How about the "300 workout" ?

Was basically derived from the challenge the trainer set the dudes who trained for and acted in the movie, 300. Ive done it a couple of times to see if it hurts. It does! Done as a challenge in the gym, fastest time to complete everything wins.

25 bodyweight pullups
    50 deadlifts at 50-60kg
    50 pressups
    50 box jump-ups on 24 inch box
    50 floor sweeps (ab exercise)
    50 single arm clean and press (25 each arm) at 12-16kg
    25 bodyweight pullups
  • 60Kg - thats my bodyweight!

Def dont do squats when hungover, last time i did that at a jitsu competition after a heavy night and have never left the mat so quickly!
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Black Jack sounds good in bad way!
    I might give it a go!

If thats not your bag then the squats sound like they might burn up the muscles!
  • I have been doing the '300' work out and only get to a total of 115. Its really tough but does the compound stuff well, but the best feeling is when you are done you feel like jelly!!
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    What's wrong with just doing a New Year's Day triathlon??