Home Chat General Chat

Chaffing from compresssion tights

Went out tuesday night done 8 mile moderate pace run.

Wearing 2XU compression tights. Which chaffed the top of my inner thigh to hell!! proper nappy rash!

1. I went comando under the tights, are you supposed to wear underwear with them?
2. Are compression tights for recovery only?

Help?

Comments

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Are there not tights for recovery & ones for running/racing in? i thought 2XU did different ones..could be making this up.
    aside from, I never run commando..all that juggling..sure I would get arrested (not boasting but..well juggling going on.) Always some nice soft wicking undercrackers, Craft do some nice ones as do Kalenji from Decathlon.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Commando - no way - Falke jobs for me
  • Cheers for the inputs dudes!

must admit commando was a bit cold in the private region! gonna try it with skids next week!

The lesson learned from this thread Commando = Hell No!!
  • huwdhuwd Posts: 228
    I just wear speedos underneath - especially in this cold weather
  • i had the same with 2xu compression tights, they dont seem to "stay snug" where you want them to which causes the friction. I resorted to wearing tri shorts under them which sorts the problem. Didnt have a problem with my under armour ones - just 2xu
  • Nice one that sounds like the same problem I'm having. didn't have the problem with my 2xu compression shorts though.

Might give the Under Armour running tights a go! they look a bit cheaper too.

cheers
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    I've got 2xu and they're pretty snug on me....