Home Sell Triathlon Gear

Specialized Transition Comp 2007 size Medium (56)

Specialized Transition Comp 2007 model, size Medium (56). Ideal first Tri bike.

Aero alu frame with carbon forks, carbon seat post and Profile T2 cobra carbon tri bars with Dura Ace shifters. Components are mix of Ultegra and 105. Standard spec apart from saddle which I changed to a white Selle Italia Gel. See link below for review and full spec/geometry.

I am 179cm tall and it fits perfectly but there's plenty of adjustment in seat post and bars to fit anyone between 172cm and 188cm.

I intend to keep the wheelset (Mavic Aksium Race) for my road bike. Open to offers but would expect anyone buying this to want to put some "proper" race wheels on it.

This has been my race bike (mainly sprints, a few Olys) for the last 2 seasons and has been used in summer training (though never nearly enough, obviously..), never in the wet. It is in very good condition and never crashed.

I have loved riding it and its fast - faster than my carbon road bike which originally cost several times this. Only selling it is because I have been offered one of my club's ex-team bikes and need to make room.

Read the review (full geometry and spec) on Tri 247 here:
http://www.tri247.com/article_1939_Spec ... &category=

As you can see they rated it very highly and the statement "At under £1500 it represents real value for money and more speed will only come by spending twice or three times as much" says it all really - even truer at second hand price! Hence why I would not upgrade from this to even a £2,000 carbon TT bike as it would just not be any quicker.

I purchased new in March 2008. I am looking for £550 excluding wheels but including pedals (105).

An identical bike went for £640 (including wheels) on ebay recently
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/@LOOK@-SPECIALIZE ... 11002r6294

I live near Kingston/Esher in Surrey. Collection only though I am happy to travel to meet within a reasonable distance.

I will take some pics this weekend if anyone wants them.

Comments

• Hi did you manage to take any pictures ?
  • Hi

I did eventually (once my wife had bothered to find the battery charger she took to Wales amonth ago

http://{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_rolleyes.gif

) take some pics. They aren't great (I'm no David Bailey and it was surprisingly dark at 8am) and annoyingly, not being one of these I am unable to upload them here (they are 2.5MB each so maybe too big ?). Anyway, if TMTG or 

and I will send them through.

cheers

Dom

• I think people would rather see them on here dude.....
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    I've posted pics on here that over 2.5mg.....
  • shadowone1 » 04 Dec 2009 22:32
    I've posted pics on here that over 2.5mg.....
    well done, you must be really proud of yourself... :roll:

I can assure you I have tried from both my work and home computer but no joy

I guess that anyone who might actually be interested in buying the bike is probably going to be bothered to take the really troublesome step of sending me an email and I will happily send them some pics by return (as I have to several people already). If anyone is just curious to know what it looks like they can click on the link to Tri247 and they will see a lovely pic there !

cheers

Dom
  • Ok, so I think this should work but not sure how big this picture is going to be.......sorry, its the best I could do

Dom
  • NOW SOLD