Home Chat General Chat

Anyone after a new TT bike or Road Bike let me know!

Right, this is the situation…..
I have been contacted by a company who are looking to break into the high mid – top range market for TT and Road bikes….

They build bikes to your spec from a list of components they have in stock…. They are excellent frames, stiff as anything and really responsive, I rode their Prototype earlier in the year and It was just as quick, responsive and comfortable as my Argon E112.
Their Framesets RRP at over £1200 for the road frameset called the S1 and the TT frameset, called the P1 RRP £1400, I can get them at a very good rate…
Prices below!!

(Single Frames Purchase only…)
S1 £850 Each Frame/Forks/Headset/Saddle Clamp
P1 £950 Each Frame/Forks/Seat Post/Headset
Full Builds start at just £1550 for the S1 and £1850 for the P1 at the discounted rates…Even cheaper depending on quantity…
They have told me they will do an even better deal if I can get a group order together!! but they havent told me how much….

More details to follow with regards to test rides, frame geometry, wheels etc...

http://i47.tinypic.com/2vbsg0h.jpg[/IMG]

http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/fl/custbike ... lbert.html

http://i48.tinypic.com/2v8k1nm.jpg[/IMG]

Comments

• nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    They look nice! Though my wife might leave me if I buy _another_ bike!
    Any information on the sizes and geometry?
  • jacjac Posts: 452
    Any reviews?

Only thing I can find is this...where some guy is getting a pasting for recommending a frame he's never ridden!!

http://www.timetriallingforum.co.uk/ind ... ntry548885

Weights etc would be good too..and more details on where they're coming from..guarantees etc..
    Also, when were they charging £1400?

There's some Stephen Colbert guy flogging the P1 on ebay for £970..!!
  • GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    Any reviews?

Only thing I can find is this...where some guy is getting a pasting for recommending a frame he's never ridden!!

http://www.timetriallingforum.co.uk/ind ... ntry548885
    Jason,

The dude in this thread only seemed to pay £800 for the TT frame may want to push this dude a bit on the prices he is quoting.
  • hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    They were charging this when I was looking for a new one earlier on in the year.. thats the RRP of them...

And the Stephen Colbert on ebay is the same guy.... He sells the odd one at this price on ebay....

I am currently waiting for geometry to be sent of all the sizes....
    Maybe the credit crunch hit him/them because that's quite a drop in price!

Has he got a website with testimonials etc?
    I can get some testamonials for you guys if you want them......
    Does the company have a name and a website, contact details etc..?
    The company is a home run business by STephen Colbert and his mrs.... dont think they have a website though, they are working through contacts such as myself....

I have frame geometry for a large at the mo if anyone needs it.
    It all sounds a bit amateurish, Hussler.

Good luck with it but it sounds like getting blood out of a stone - not a good starting point if you're going to be shelling out in excess of £1k!
    This is just a small home run business trying to get a foot hold onto the market....He runs this business from home to keep overheads low.....the business is in no means connected to me, I am just passing on the word from the owner who I use to get my cheap groupsets from....

He sells top end kit for alot less than other companies.

If I was in the market for a new bike then I would be seriously looking at one of his be it road or TT.

Alot of companies who sells popular own branded bikes are nothing more than this guy, apart from they prob will have been operating for longer than him.....Kinetic one for instance is run from the shed on the side off Andys house near Gloucester....yet their bikes and kit are top notch and even had a pro Tom Room (i think thats his name) on their books riding their bikes....

Planet X have minimal overheads too as they too as a reletively small business.

Ribble are only a shop the size of someones house....yet sell average bikes for the same price.

Dont shoot the messenger!!!!lol:)
  • Everyone starts somewhere.

So what if it's run from his front room... Tiger Frog is too. And look at the beautiful bikes they produce.
    I've got nothing whatsoever against home-run businesses but..
    If details are hard to come by, there's no website, no T&Cs, no testimonials, no evidence of RRPs, no company name and not even contact details I'd be wary of using this 'company'.
    By looking at his ebay account it seems he buys a lot of gear off there. Not sure what guarantees he then offers.
    I'm sure the gear is good, but without any 'evidence' I'd be very wary of buying anything from him/them.
    Not shooting the messenger at all..but it was touted as a company and it doesn't sound much like one.
    I can supply contact numbers etc if people want them.... I was originally putting feelers out for interest.... He has plenty of testimonials available which can be made available.....
  • 7Star7Star Posts: 1
    If you write Stephen, he will be happy to send you testimonials from current owners. Mine came from a cyclist in Ireland, but I believe the guy was honest and summed up a exceptional machine. I own something similar to Tiger and it's a cool frame, light, tight, and great bottom, but bets on that Colbert's frame would burn mine in terms of comfort and speed. Frog frames like my Parkpre were made in Hong Kong, not that it's a bad thing, but aero is not usually the overall concern. The expense is, whereas Stephen's HM frames look aggressive and sleek. Remember, aero always trumps out over weight.

I'm looking hard at this frame for next year, but need to sell two bikes after this season to finance it... trick like the photo. I might not ride like Matty Reed, but wtf, I'd be the only rider in Miami to own what looks like such a unique tt.

There's always some risk involved, but the fact that Colbert has an extensive professional auto racing background lowers the factor.

If you're Shaquille O'Neal, forget what I just wrote.
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    possibly later in the year - when i decide how much i want to spend and what on! but thats a whole new post!