Home Chat General Chat

training today?

was tempted to pul out the turbo, bit after 2kg of chocolate and 2 beers, that's not gonna happen!

anyone training today?

Comments

• jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    Did an 8km off road run. More to try out my new Garmin 310 and Inov-8 shoes than to train though. Still, I'll feel better for it as I stuff my face with the calorie bomb that is christmas pudding.
  • I ran up the garden and slid back on a toboggan (many times) - I'm not sure if this counts as training but it sure was fun! Merry Christmas to all!!!!
  • huwdhuwd Posts: 228
    i had a run this morning but mainly because ive done nothing for the last 3 weeks, twas damn cold!
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    i couldn't pursuade the wife that today was an acceptable day for anything, although i did manage a very pleasant 3mi in the snow yesterday afternoon.
  • 13 mile run Monday int snow, nowt Tuesday, 13 mile run Wednesday in thicker snow, 4.5miles Thursday, Nowt Today, Race Tomoz, maybe race Sunday as well.
  • wyno70wyno70 Posts: 189
    30 minutes on the turbo this morning before the nipper was awake and it all 'kicked off'.

Felt very good for it too!
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    The usual bike ride was scuppered by the icy conditions, but we are running today, which will be a relief, a hours walk sniggering at ostentatious christmas displays still isn't enough activity.
    And didn't Dr Who take itself a touch too seriously?
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    as much as I would like to be out on my bike, I would require something special to be able to pedal in the snow that I've had where I live.

The pool is shut so can't go for a dook either. So I shall pound the turbo while watching Terminator Salvation on Blu-Ray. That should burn off enough caleries after stuffing myself yesterday.

co-incedentaly, I weighed myself yesterday and since I've started this tri malarky I've lost half a stone.

Not sure thats a good thing as I'm 6ft 3. I'm now 12stone 11pounds.
  • 30 min mountain bike round ash-ranges (10 am yesterday morning) - saw 2 other cyclists and 2 runners....
  • pippip Posts: 170
    Tried out the new Turbo for an hour,thanks to our Kazza for the great pressy now i`ve got no excuses for not biking when the weather`s shit
  • Going for my first run in 3 weeks hopefully it be ok !!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish me luck !!!!!!1
  • huwdhuwd Posts: 228
    Hope it was less painful than mine - ouch Christmas hurts!
  • Did my first sub-max test on my turbo this afternoon, was most enjoyable!!!!!
  • Just got out of the shower after a 30-minute spinerval session on the turbo. 5 minute warm-up, then alternating between 2-minute balls out blast and 3-minute 60% pace. I hadn't done this for a few weeks, and had forgotten just what a sweaty mess it turned me into!
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Having done next to nothing for the last month I decided I better get my ass into gear so ...

Yesterday was a 3 mile run mid morning then another 3 mile run in the afternoon

Today - 14 mile cycle on my fixie - first proper ride out on her
  • Had my first run wasnt as bad as i thought it would be 5km in 27 min fairly happy with that !!

dave