Home Chat General Chat

2010 training..

jacjac Posts: 452
Some call a training thread willy-waving, others use it as a way of logging their training efforts..

Anyway, who cares?

My 2010 started yesterday with a 30k zone 2 bike..all indoors on the turbo, sadly!

Comments

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Its just been running for me.

On the 1 st I did a 10k
    and last night I nailed a hard 7 K
  • Hi to All
    after 4 hours sleep and a hangover did my first cross country run ever
    the Hangover 5 in worthing , up over the golf course 5 miles

and yesterday 22 mile mountain bike in the frost , with 5 super fit guys and me , I died badly towards the end

for me thats a good start,
    2nd season this year want to move up to olympic distance so have entered my home race in worthing in July and I am already bricking it , seems a bloody big jump from sprints

happy new year to all
    http://tummymustgo.wordpress.com
  • aoneill69aoneill69 Posts: 206
    also entering 2nd season after sprints last year and entered ODs this year..have the same feeling of...sh*t only 6 months to go ..but realistically i know this is more than enough time to get it right...just need to learn to live on less than the 5k calories a day i have been consuming through christmas..

anyway...today x 1 hour turbo......and i am now officially in the Prep 1 phase!
  • jacjac Posts: 452
    20k bike, zone 2. Loving the garage set-up!
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    little run this lunchtime, 3.5mi, left my heartrate strap at home so i think somewhere on z2/3 threshold.

trying to make it all about the running this winter, but foot kback has slowed progress somewhat.

maybe we should have an 'what injurys have you got today' thread....
  • January 1st- 95k solo ride Zone 2- Outdoors
    January 5th- 5k solo run -Zone 1/2- Outdoors

Trying to stay in the low zones for first 12 weeks to see what differences it will have on my summer. I normally just nail it everywhere. Also the first time in a while that I am bothering to run train. My natural pace is 8min/miles so trying to get that down now for the races ahead.
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    2nd Jan 85k cycle outside in near freezing conditions was great
    4th Jan 6.5k Run outside
    5th Jan 5k Run outside in the snow - was great fun, used my CC trainers
    5th Jan - did about 5k on the MTB - had to test out for tomorrows cycle to work with the big tyres back on.
  • jacjac Posts: 452
    25k bike in the garage. Steady. Followed by 20 mins core work.
    Need to get Sky pumped into the garage somehow!
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    get one of those little gizmos that wirelessly beam the the sky to a tv in the garage - provided you have one..
  • It was mostly longish slow runs in Nov & Dec, interrupted by illnes and Christmas but now I'm focusing on swimming

Wed - 500mtrs
    Fri - 500mtrs

Goint to try and get in another 500 tomorrow then an hour on the bike.
  • Short snowy run on New Year's Day
    20k bike ride on Sun (first time out for about 3 weeks)
    First session with Ashford Tri Club on Tues - swim training - really friendly bunch of people, great to get some tips on my technique (over 25 yrs since anyone has looked at my stroke) Can't wait to go again and to some other sessions.
    5k snowy run on Wed.

Not training I know, but jumped up and down today as very excited to get e-mail from Wiggle today saying that my new - first ever road bike is being dispatched. Guess with the weather at moment it will be more sensible to stick to my trusty MTB; but I might have to try it out round the living room!!!!!