Home Chat General Chat

Abu Dahbi

Well in a moment of shear madness I entered the abu dahbi triathlon. I only went for the half distance as I'm not fit enough for the full distance. So the distance will be 1500m swim, 100k bike and the a 10k run.
I think that the bike legs finishes inside the formula one circuit so I really can't wait for it. I'm sure that there will some good tales to share with all and as my coaching training starts today then I'm really up for it!

Here's a snippet from the web-site:

"The course has been designed to ensure athletes experience the very best of Abu Dhabi. The swim section will take place in the stunning lagoon shadowed by the world famous 6 star Emirates Palace hotel. The bike course will weave through the unmistakable scenery of the city of Abu Dhabi, featuring tree-lined roads, landscaped parks and gardens and the sparkling waters of the Arabian Gulf, which surround the city. It will also pass via iconic landmarks such as The Emirates Palace Hotel, The Sheikh Zayed Mosque and The Corniche all under the safety of completely closed roads.

To the east of the city the bike route passes over Saadiyat Island and on to another attraction sure to whet the appetite of the cyclist; the brand new sports and leisure island known as Yas Island. Here you will cycle round the Yas Marina Formula One Circuit which hosts the final race of the 2009 F1 season.

By the time you finish the run section of the course on the coastal boulevard to the west of the city you will have taken in many of the areas of Abu Dhabi that make the emirate one of the most sought after tourist destinations in the world.

The course is designed to ensure both professional and amateur athletes are challenged it will be a unique, world class event promising an incomparable level of competitor experience and excitement. "

Ofcourse I am now absolved of all WAT for the following year as this will also be a holiday for the WAT offices who has been nagging me to go to abu dahbi for a holiday.

I still must be mental for doing but itsa once in lifetime thing for me.!

Comments

• aoneill69aoneill69 Posts: 206
    sounds fantastic....look forward to the ongoing updates....
  • GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    May even want to have a look at the tri in Abu Dhabi too!!

• huwdhuwd Posts: 228
    all under the safety of completely closed roads.
    Wow thats impressive! Would like to enter but can't justify it myself, I will look forward to hearing how you get on and what the organisation is like