Home Chat General Chat

Bloody Weather

pippip Posts: 170
Who`s sick of this bloody weather.Ineed to get some serious cycling in now but can`t because the roads have been iced up for about 3 weeks round these parts and the footpaths are icy too.Ive seen a few lads and lasses out running on the roads,near the kerb but i don`t know if i fancy that much.So it`s back on the turbo again today,another hour of sweating in the garage.It`s just not the same as getting ot there and riding around Cheshire.Hopefully it`ll get warmer soon.Global warming.....MY ARSE

Comments

• Time to go off road. I've found that going cross country in the snow is easier than in the road. There's less compaction so it's often not as slippery.

I'm thinking about doing the same on the bike. I just need to finish fixing the MTB first and its cold in the garage.
  • wyno70wyno70 Posts: 189
    I'm the same as ash, when it's like this I get my mountain bike out, lower the tyre pressure to about 20psi and off I go for a few hours fun in the forest.

Same with running, 1 and a half hours cross country yesterday.

It's a nice change from the roads and pavements and certainly good for any strength work!
  • GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    Off road running +1
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    as most of us brits are now used to the shit weather. Minus 12 in where I am at the mom....

Conehead is in for a serious wake up when he gets back to this crap, unless he lands in the uk in the middle of the shitty summer!!!
  • Jesus Wept!!!

That's enough CH please..... for the love of god, no more...............

(mutters unprintable words under his breath) .....
  • GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    However did give me the chance to try cross country skiing tonight!

And you thought swimming was hard.

G
  • conehead, in the absence of my bcttt reebok award, a pair of oakley jawbone would suffice
  • In this weather I did manage to get in some cross country falling over on skiis but the main thing I have have been doing is the "slide down the garden on the toboggan and run up again as quickly as possible" work out - highly recommended (and the sky has been blue here too - albeit only for a few hours ...).
  • aoneill69aoneill69 Posts: 206
    another big dump of snow over Brum today...so back on the turbo tonight....
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Studio cycle class? 7.30pm, Billesley Indoor Tennis Centre...led by me so I promise no aerobics on a bike, tel 0121 464 4222 for details, its only 45 mins, but in company & warmish...(depends on if I open the windows or not...