Home Chat General Chat

tri suit sizing

Hi all i'm new to tri's, signed up to do my first one in may, got most of the gear now, but stuck on what to get tri suit wise, one piece or two piece!! but mainly sizing!!!
I'm 6ft 3, but of slim(ish) build, so when looking at size guides i seem to need large or xl if going for the right height, but looking at waist sizes they're all to big, i'm a 34" waist at ther moment. does anyone know what size would be best then? One that fits snug round waist/chest but maybe bit short, or better in the length?
all help much appreciated
ian

Comments

• risris Posts: 1,002
    welcome to the forums, firetri.

i recently bought my trisuit, an orca one from total fitness nottingham. i thought i was something between a small and medium based on chest/waist and they and they advised me that height was the more important factor and i should take a large!

when i got the suit and tried it on it was spot on; no slack fabric, not even across my pigeon chest.

i'd ring a few shops and see if they can advise you, or at least confirm they'll return/swap it if it doesn't fit.
  • welcome on board fire tri. i'm 6' 2", 78kg and a 34 waist. Large is usually the right size for me.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Just to confuse the issue more. I am 6 ft and 173 lbs and have a leage 2XU compression suit.
    The suit fits a treat!

Sorry about the pounds I dont kilograms yet!!!
  • fire trifire tri Posts: 173
    cheers all
    i was stuck between med and large, as med will fit my waist size, large seemed a bit bit, especaially as not donne much training, so might slim down even more!!!
    have to try both i think
    any other comments welcome
  • Tri suits are one of those things that should only be purchased on-line if you have tried them on before IMO. I tried two different brands of two piece suits on in the same size and both fitted nice and snug on the top but one of them gaped horribly at the bottom of the shorts which I thought could lead to them riding up while i was on the bike. Of course this was the slightly cheaper of the pair...
  • I'm 6'3 85kg and bought a 2xu large. the lycra strtched so thin my training partners suggested that I should at least have the decency to shave, if they had to sit behind me for 3 or 4 hours.
  • fire trifire tri Posts: 173
    ok, cheers
    anyone know of any shops in stockport/manchester that sell them?
  • Seems to me that you can't do too much about your height, so buy a tri suit that is the correct length.
    Once you've tried it on you can adapt your diet/training to create an appropriate girth.