Home Chat General Chat

feed up with this weather !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right i am feed up of this weather only been able to swim. Tried to go out for the a run in the woods but snow was to deep !! Has any done any good trying ? Think i am going skis out and trek up some hills and ski down that should be good phys !!!

Comments

• Try shovelling snow for 4 hours. No zone 2 HR here.
  • huwdhuwd Posts: 228
    yep had enough about 10 minutes after the snow started
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    I love running in the snow! Have to knee lift working hip flexors, have to concentrate on foot placement so reactions & proprioception, can't overheat...or if you do a solution is right there, slowing down on icy patches makes it a fahrtlek session...so much going on. Having said that twice a day to & from work all this week isn't too good for my knees...
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    As I don't know where anyone lives its hard to really comment,

However, I live in scotland and we've had this weather for the past 3-4 weeks. its really pissing me off.....oh the temp has been at lower than minus 10 for ages now... last night minus 15.....

As we're all in this together there must be something we can do to help us along.... I went for a run last night and it was bloody freezing which made it hard to breathe.....

shovelling snow... good for the shoulders!!
  • ithurtsithurts Posts: 37
    I have managed to get a bit of bike in, ending up on dartmoor on sunday lunchtime was fun! Got home 2 hours later and was frozen solid. Hot bath sorted that out though.

Just not been running as it is just too risky....

Hoping to get another ride in this weekend or it's another weekend on the turbo!!!! wooohoooo

Ithurts
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    the only biking i've managed has been mtb at the weekend with the spam bikers (and didds) on salisbury plain.

managed a couple of runs this week, lunchtime on tuesday and commute run yesterday in lovely fresh snow. like britspin says it is good for concentrating on posture and foot placing. i couldn't run fast but found it easy to get good running going. not so happy about running on the ice but snow is great.
  • I love the snow - I love driving in it but I hate running in it so I thought I'd go to the gym and bang out a 10km run on the new fandangled running machines.... I got my kit bag packed, said goodbye to the WAT and kids and jogged there 0.5 miles away and guess what. It's closed. Lack of staff!!!

I don;t need staff to run!!

So home again, and I'm now enjoying my second glass of red wine.

Oh well, I'm on nights tomorrow ( all weekend) ... GULP, wish me luck :roll:
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Interesting as mentioned, how I guess location & what we are happiest doing affects our activities.
    Personally any cycling with snow down scares the poop out of me, possibly not owning a mountain bike is part of the reason..but its mostly the clowns in cars that puts me off.
    Running tho' as mentioned great fun & so long as you stay away from the ice its all good...this from Birmingam, ran home in -4c last 2 nights, ran in this morning at a balmy-2.....& yes I am ignoring Mr.C & his 'photo diary.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    conehead,

did you run up that mountain cause you don't seem to have a bike.... or did you get a piggy back...