Home Chat General Chat

Black or White?

Guys,

A mostly cosmetic question.....I've got a £1,000 CTW voucher for Halfords and have a Boardman Team Carbon Ltd Edition (White) on order which has been delayed....again.....and is due in another few weeks. I've since then seen the Standard black one with £50 off.

As I currently don't have a bike (i sold my old one pre Xmas), do I live without one for another few weeks and miss out on training or take the black one with £50 off?

Black or White?

Thanks

Comments

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Now thats the sort of question a scholar could poder for years and a Triathlete could spend a whole 30 seconds museing over.

Black for me. One its quicker! Or so Conehead says. (I bet its red underneath).
    my second thought was dont white bikes get dirty quicker and show it.

the way for me.
    Is there much difference between the specs or is just colour?

BLACK all the way!!!
  • Get the black one and then spray it pink, it will make you much quicker
  • jacjac Posts: 452
    Go black. It won't show the dirt!
  • Black all the way. You can always get some red tyres, to up your ave speed still further, at a later date.
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    White!!

I've got one, it looks much better than the black

Also, stands out more (easier to find in transition, conversely, perhaps more likely to get pinched?)
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Possibly a little out of context here but hey:

"Black don't crack!"
  • They're both exactly the same spec!
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Black - the £50 saving will help offset the WAT
  • A ha - WAT!

As this come as part of the CTW Scheme it looks like it's going to be WAT exempt! The shiney £1000 voucher has been in my drawer at home for 4 week and the WAT officer is aware i'm getting a new bike!

Thankfully I dont ask her how much she spends at the hairdressers so the same shall be recepricated! Although having just thought - maybe her hair doos should qualify for HAT?
    And a note of shoes would be useful as well, perhaps a monthly inventory to see what is new and what has gone, WAT officers can be very skilled in substituting new with old and keeping the same number to minimise detection.

Also be wary that if the WAT officer knows that the bike purchase will involve a saving that could lead to gradual stealth WAT as you have more available cash.

Very tricky but with a steady resolve you will triumph.
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    White. Then it will be easier to spray red which is much quicker.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Thats a good point Dace. I never thought about spraying the bike red.
    If you go for a black one you could just sand the black off to uncover the red!
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Red may have been scientifically proven to be faster.
    And Black, esthetically more pleasing to the eye.

But it has to be White,mainly for the Biblical references to white(and Pale) in Revelations.
  • I'f I had to choose between black and White, I'd go with Black simply beacue I never clean my bike..

that said if I was to by a new bike I'm with Matt and would got for a pink one.. best colour ever!!
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    surely it should be white as its more limited ed?! has anyone seen the look bikes for sale every month in 220 - only 25 available world-wide, ltd edition and all that? if theres only 25 they must be really pricey if they're still advertising?
  • sportevesporteve Posts: 141
    they say that white is the new black but i think back is always the new black plus it's slimming
    And the thing with black is that it is easier to accessorise with