Home Chat General Chat

Compression Shorts

All,

My hamstrings have less flexibility than the Saudi Arabian justice system so was thinking about compression shorts. What do people think, any good at keeping hamstring problems at bay??

Also, should I be wearing them during the run to protect the injury or after to flush the legs out?

Cheers,

Lex

Comments

• OF all he compression gear I've got, the shorts seem to provide no real niticeable benefits to me, and now they are relegated to use as under shorts only. I still feel that tights, calf guards and LS top provide some assistance, but nothing from the shorts
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    The mysteries of compression shorts hay?

I am a great believer in compression gear and find that the shorts are really good when playing football with either hamstring or quad issues. I have two pairs and use then 1 for the activity and then a pair to wear after I.I sleep in!
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    However compression kit cannot have any impact on flexibility, they can prevent or delay fatigue, keep muscles in place & lessen oscillation leading to fatigue, keep muscles warm, assist venous return & shorten recovery times..at least thats what they claim, but they will never make you more flexible, a good warm up, dynamic stretches, workout cool down, static/developmental stretches, massage (arguably), myofascial release etc etc all can help.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    What Britspin said is perfectly correct and makes me want to add to my post.
    What I said but the shorts will not help flexability but stop extra muscle damage.
  • LexLex Posts: 65
    Cheers All,

Im trying to manage an ongoing hamstring problem - the damn thing is just very weak. If the shorts mean I can train more often with it then they may be worth it.

Lex