Home Chat General Chat

The bike has a name

The other the day the wife informed me that I had to take my bike out of the dining room and put it in the garage. I was shocked first of all she called it THE BIKE and not by its name (Hilda) How would she like it if I didn’t call her by her name and secondly its cold in the garage, how would she like to sleep in the garage

Then she tells me that I am sad for giving THE BIKE a name, Again I go back to my first point. I am now thinking that I will move Hilda and she can sleep next to me

Comments

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Matt

There is only one thing to do

DIVORCE

If you wife can see that every bike deserves a name and should be treated with respect then theres no hope for her!!!!!

The other option I suppose would be to sit her down and explain the connection you have with the bike as an athlete. if she laughs when you say athlete you have my permission to make her sleep in the front garden.
    Its the name and the personal connection which makes us faster on the bike.

Mines called flossie!!!!
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    Before you file for divorce, try a period of calling your wife "wife" if she insists on calling Hilda "the bike". This will help her to realise how insensitive she is being.
  • may seem extreme to some, but it's all relative, there are websites for 'hitmen'
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    sorry, i'm with the wife, it's a bike. what next, naming the car and a variety of household goods (apart from henry the vacuum cleaner )
  • sportevesporteve Posts: 141
    i'd get hilda involved...ask her how she feels about it, about the way your wife refers to her and her attitude and also where she prefers to sleep
    i mean the whole isssue is about her after all and i think her voice should be heard too...
  • It reminds me of an incident,I was in the lounge and I heard my wife in the kitchen say "Do you want chicken, beef or lamb, my darling".

"I'll have the chicken" I said.

"Fcuk you, your having soup, I was talking to the cat"
  • Having spoken to Hilda she is happy staying in the dining room as long as THE WIFE moves out

Not sure how this is going to work out
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    Have you consider marital counselling?