Home Chat General Chat

Tri Stockists - West London

Recommendations for any good tri stores in West London (or nearby) that would do a good selection of wetsuits.

Looking to get a new wetsuit and thought now would be a good time with sales, spreading the cost of the summer season out etc..

I want to try on and not order online as I know I'd get the sizing so worong.

Comments

• Hi HtF,

Try Sigma sport in the Hampton/Hampton Wick Area

http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/app/web/homepage.aspx

Never used them but many of my club mate use them.

Also try SBR in Windsor.

Brad
  • Thanks

Got them on my list already - just wondering if there were any others.
  • LexLex Posts: 65
    Triandrun - Wimbledon. They havent got loads of gear but do have wetsuits in store
  • Tri and Run is South london and their cutomer service is shite.

Never ring you back when they say they will, they never have anything on their website and they lie through their teeth.

I wanted some stuff and they didn't have it in their Wimbledon store, so I asked if they could send it from their Essex store - that was a major issue.... the kid in SW19 didn;t know anything, knew bugger all about Tri kit, knew even less about how to speak and was so unhelpful it was painful.

Not great service I have to say.

( they did eventually sort it out but it took some time)
  • wyno70wyno70 Posts: 189
    Bike and Run in East Finchley are very good.

They have a good range of wetsuits that they will let you try, the guys are all triathletes as well so you get good advice. Excellent range of bikes, trainers etc too, so all in all not a bad place to visit!

Not West London I know but definately worth the trip.
  • Bike and Run are the grumpiest, non friendly, condescending people I have ever encountered in a shop.
    I have purchased a few pieces of kit there as they are around the corner from me, but would not recommend them if you are from far away.
    They have some good kit and are knowledgeable but that does not warrant that attitude.
    They sold a friend of mine a bike, a year later when she returned to them to address a problem they asked her who sold her that piece of c*^p...
    Another friend came in with the intention to purchase a bike and decided against it after their attitude, went to North Finchley and bought it there immediately after...

• wyno70wyno70 Posts: 189
    Horses for courses I guess.

I first visited about 3 years ago as a new triathlete looking for a wetsuit. They were very helpful and were one of the few places I could try on different wetsuits. If I want tri specific kit (i.e. shorts, tri suit) then I go there as they have a decent range.

I wouldn't buy a bike from them, simply because when it comes to a bike, I'll probably know exactly what I want and will look for the best deal I can get. Given that they are a small shop, that's unlikely to be them!

I've never experienced any problems with them but I'd agree that they aren't exactly the happiest people on the planet!!
  • Race1Race1 Posts: 58
    willieverfinish wrote:
    Tri and Run is South london and their cutomer service is shite.

Never ring you back when they say they will, they never have anything on their website and they lie through their teeth.

I wanted some stuff and they didn't have it in their Wimbledon store, so I asked if they could send it from their Essex store - that was a major issue.... the kid in SW19 didn;t know anything, knew bugger all about Tri kit, knew even less about how to speak and was so unhelpful it was painful.

Not great service I have to say.

( they did eventually sort it out but it took some time)

Hi, I guess you are near to me. So can you recommend anywhere between Wimbledon and Croydon? Bikes I know, but Im thinking Running/Swimming equipment. Also would like gait analysis if possible.
  • danny_sdanny_s Posts: 235
    I've got to agree with willieverfinish here. When I didn't know anything about bike fitting, Tri and Run sold me the wrong size bike, insisted it was correct and maintained this even though two other shops clearly identified the frame as far too small for me. Also, one of the wheels on the bike BROKE while I was making a hard turn and nearly ended up with me getting run over. Wheel was defective and obviously so when they looked into it, but being uninformed at the time about wheel building, I didn't know what to look for.

SigmaSport has done a good job helping me out with every thing I needed, with no pressure to spend anything I didn't want to. They don't do running, but for triathlon racing gear, wet suits, and bikes, I haven't found any place that comes close. Never go on a saturday afternoon, as they're just full of people every time I tried, but later afternoon or early morning was doable. They've got a good website, and I trust their advice. Asking about tires and wheels, the guys knew the CRRs for almost every model on the shelf and how to balance performance with comfort, durability, and puncture resistance.

For running, there is a good shop in Balham called ProFeet. They have a good range of shoes, complimentary video analysis and informed staff. I didn't buy anything from them at the time, but their prices were pretty high. If you find what you need there, you could get it cheaper online.
  • Bucko75Bucko75 Posts: 47
    I bought my wetsuit from Sigma in Hampton last year and the customer service was spot on. The guy didn't try and sell me the most expensive, he listened to what I had to say and then advised me from there. Obviously customer service differs depending on who is working, day of the week and even if their team has won that week but I can recommend Sigma......and no, I'm not on commission!
  • Sorry for the late reply.

I generally don't buy from any tri shops in Surrey. I have a bike shop I go to, and I buy swimming/running stuff online.
  • Race1Race1 Posts: 58
    willieverfinish wrote:
    Sorry for the late reply.

I generally don't buy from any tri shops in Surrey. I have a bike shop I go to, and I buy swimming/running stuff online.
    That's OK.

I actually looked up for places online. Runners Need (Nr Liverpool Street) had some good feedback. So I went there.

Told the guy that I was a complete beginner and wanted the analysis. He asked about shoe size and any injuries. He got some Mizunos that were 1/2 a size bigger which is apparently the way it works. Signed a disclaimer. Ran on the treadmill for 10 seconds, (never done that before) then ran up and down outside. Fairly neutral with slight over pronation was the diagnosis. I took a seat, he came back with 2 options. So I am now the proud owner of some "stabilty" Saucony Omni 8's

As a complete newbie, they seemed to me, to know their stock and were not intimidating at all. I did a quick search and I could have got the shoes a little cheaper online. But I don't mind as I wanted the analysis, so consider that part of the price.