Home Chat General Chat

New Speedo LZR suit

Just been reading about the new suit, sounds fantastic! gain a few extra seconds in the pool sounds good to me.
Can someone clear up for me.

Is the suit Illegal due to the type of material? does triathlon follow the same rules as swimming?

I couldn't seam to see a definitive answer in the article on the home page.

cheers

Comments

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    My understanding is that tri has not yet banned, there was talk after 2008 ironman of a ban, but since FINA were still allowing it so did tri. However FINA have banned some suits..not even sure if these new ones fit the new FINA rules, but since we are talking tri, I think they are still legal.
  • hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    There is no point in wearing one of these suits for Triathlon races.....you wont be able to wear one whilst on the bike and even if you managed not to overheat then you will definately overheat on the run....

Thats if you didnt take it off...

If you decided to take it off after the swim, you will waste the extra few seconds gained in the swim actually taking the damn thing off as these fit snugg as a bug in a rug.

Put it too use in Open Water events and again when will the chance come around that you have the option of not wearing a wetsuit in the UK??? probably never.... therefore you wont get the benefit here either.

Unless your racing in swim only races then all they are good for is for a little overspeed sessions in your training.

I own a Blue 70 nero swimskin...the one that got banned..... and on the label it says its good for around 15-20 swims in a pool before its ruined..... this becomes expensive if you want to train alot in them.
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    they are planning some lzr tri-kit i think, which i presume will be designed with a pad for the bike and vaguely breathable.

i would guess that it will wear out pretty quick though, just as hussler says.
  • TrisurferTrisurfer Posts: 228
    http://www.trijuice.com/2009/11/speedos ... ri_pro.htm

just found this.

wow, you can only use the blue seventy suit 20 times! I take it, its for racing use only!
  • IronABSIronABS Posts: 66
    This Lzr suit is for swimming only - Speedo have got a tri suit in the pipeline called "Lzr Tri-Pro" its supposed to be mega light and quick drying you can register your interest in it on the Speedo website http://www.speedo.co.uk/en_uk/aqualab_t ... index.html
  • hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    I was actually on about the speedsuit, I wouldnt ever wear it for anything other than swimming...