Home Chat General Chat

training partner

Anyone out there in triathlon land,would like to keep me company training for a 50 mile run,and lives in the north west send me a e-mail at markpinkpanther@yahoo.co.uk. :roll:

Comments

• Whereabouts in the north west
  • smudger wrote:
    ....training for a 50 mile run.....
    Is that a typo?
  • huwdhuwd Posts: 228
    Why restrict yourself to north London - you could pick up pretty much anyone on route if its 50 miles
  • 50 mile TRAINING run ? What the fook are you training for
  • and what ward are you in?
    you could speak to the nice nurse.
  • smudgersmudger Posts: 48

Thanks for the humorous replies guys, maybe i should divulge a bit more , i have already completed several sprint, Olympic and Ironman triathlons so (conehead) i could do with somebody swearing me on but i am not just any old athlete. What i want to do is run 50 mile non stop by the 1st of September 2010 the day I reach fifty. I was hoping that maybe someone out there who lives near me (Baguley Manchester) would like to join me on Saturdays as i build up to the required distance, I am up to 7 mile and hope to add a mile or 2 each week. Any takers??
  • Once your up to distance I know a man who will run that with you.

Thanks for the reply willieverfinsh, i look forward to meeting him,i will keep you posted on my progress,did 7mile yesterday sat 23rd.
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Let me get this right... Every week you're increasing it by a mile? So in 33 weeks you'll be running marathon distance, then every week after that you'll be going further than marathon distance... every week?

Man, you is crazy! I really hope you get there, that's an incredible feat to full off. Do you know anyone else who has done something similar?

Risk of injury must be the biggest worry right?
    :roll:
    Yep it sounded like a good idea at the time, ill roughly hope to have done 1261 miles and 25 marathons in 25 weeks,26 i think if you add up the extra miles once i hit 26miles.
    ONLY THOSE WHO WILL RISK
    GOING TO FAR CAN POSSIBLY
    FIND OUT HOW FAR THEY CAN GO.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Bonkers!
    Good luck smudger. Keep injury free and look after your feet!
  • Nice Idea Mr Smudger, but, given where you are, you need a real challenge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Graham_Round
  • Nice one . keep going and stay injury free
    Like the sound of that Bob tell me more ,tell me more,would i get very far, aha, aha?
    Any out there in cuckoo land fancies a crack at doing the bob graham round challenge with me .
    ONLY THOSE WHO WILL RISK GOING TOO FAR CAN
    POSSIBLY FIND OUT HOW FAR THEY CAN GO.
  • danny_sdanny_s Posts: 235
    I'd like to, but I'd be a crap training partner for you living in south london. However I will be in your area a few weekends in May if you want some company, I'd join you for 30 miles or so. I'd probably not be good for much more than that before just holding you back.
  • CH - I just don't understand people like Nick - how he goes that fast, that hard and just shrugs it off. It's very impressive.

Amazing - he'll do the 50 miles ( did that metal london to dover run )- he seems to be back in training for something.... just come back from Club la Santa......

If only I........
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    smudger wrote:
    Any out there in cuckoo land fancies a crack at doing the bob graham round challenge with me .
    ONLY THOSE WHO WILL RISK GOING TOO FAR CAN
    POSSIBLY FIND OUT HOW FAR THEY CAN GO.
    I'm too injured to be useful at the moment, but if you do take it on and need some help, I'll do what I can - especially later in the year when hopefully I will be running again (West yorkshire's not too far...)

like the sound of this Nick guy,maybe we team up I

Thanks jack Iam going to need all the help i can get ,i will keep you posted as things progress.
    Thanks Danny i will keep you posted

8mile done,Garmin Facts 1152Cals,1hr6mins, avg8.20m

• Fri 5th feb 10mile Garmin facts 1414cals 1hr.26m avg 8.36m
  • AtomicAtomic Posts: 126
    Well done smudger.

Keep it going ...
  • Yes well done Smudger

• FRI12TH FEB garmin facts 12 Mile 1hr45m 1699cals avg8.45m

• 14Mile,garmin facts 2hr.7m 9.05avg,1991cals
  • Nice one smudger! Over a quarter of the way. *gulp*
  • smudger, are you planning on running the whole 50m? do you have a target race pace?

• Yep i hope to run it non stop,under 9hrs, 10m.30s pace,on the 9th july.