Home Chat General Chat

Advice about training supliments

I am increasing my training and I have noticed that i am starting to ache more and push myself more. I am doing lots of stretching but I would to know what training drinks or supliments work to improve my recovery time.

Also if anyone has any other advice aout protien or similar supliments would be great.

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Ga3Ga3 Posts: 14
    Hi

After a tough training session i have a bottle of ForGoodnessShakes! They can be expensive but can be bought in bulk off their website and after you've bought so many you get a discount.

I also have a protein shake with milk before bed in order to help with muscle recovery.

I find this works for me.

Hope this has been some use to you.
  • Thanks very much for that I will look at those shakes
  • ShaggyShaggy Posts: 140
    milk-banana-chocolate nesquik-live yoghurt - kenwood

has what you need and most importantly, all goes through the normal food shopping budget, not the severely restricted and tightly contolled tri budget

Ade
  • Plain old milk works just fine for me, shortly after finishing a workout.

+1 for homemade smoothies, taste much better than FGS.

An electrolyte drink whilst working out and also after workout will also help, I like Nuun but there are others available!
  • A recipe I give to clients in heavy training:

1 cup semi-skimmed milk
    add 2 tbsp skimmed milk powder
    half a banana plus vanilla essence
    or half a tin apricots
    or 2 tsp Milo (mixed with hot water)

Blend

The use of shop bought products is not recommended as there may be ingrediants not listed on the tin that may provide a positive drugs test (caution for elite athletes!), plus they are very expensive. The claims that they make are also designed to be emotive. Experiment with different isotonic drinks to find one you can tolerate and enjoy the taste of and have a good variety of flavours so that you dont get bored. Ensure you get post-training meals into you as soon as you can after training. Eg's include milk shake recipe above, fresh druit salad, low fat fruit yoghurt, pasta salad, potato salad, beans on toast etc.

Eat Smart.
  • Shaggy wrote:
    milk-banana-chocolate nesquik-live yoghurt - kenwood

has what you need and most importantly, all goes through the normal food shopping budget, not the severely restricted and tightly contolled tri budget

Ade

Hi ade

thanks very much for thse pointers, I will gv them a go.

cheers

greg
  • simondo3333 wrote:
    Plain old milk works just fine for me, shortly after finishing a workout.

+1 for homemade smoothies, taste much better than FGS.

An electrolyte drink whilst working out and also after workout will also help, I like Nuun but there are others available!
    Hi There

Thanks for your advice it is very much appreciated
  • Jakester wrote:
    A recipe I give to clients in heavy training:

1 cup semi-skimmed milk
    add 2 tbsp skimmed milk powder
    half a banana plus vanilla essence
    or half a tin apricots
    or 2 tsp Milo (mixed with hot water)

Blend

The use of shop bought products is not recommended as there may be ingrediants not listed on the tin that may provide a positive drugs test (caution for elite athletes!), plus they are very expensive. The claims that they make are also designed to be emotive. Experiment with different isotonic drinks to find one you can tolerate and enjoy the taste of and have a good variety of flavours so that you dont get bored. Ensure you get post-training meals into you as soon as you can after training. Eg's include milk shake recipe above, fresh druit salad, low fat fruit yoghurt, pasta salad, potato salad, beans on toast etc.

Eat Smart.

Great recipe, thanks very much for your advice