Home Chat General Chat

Challenge Barcelona

Does anyone have any idea what's going on re the Challenge Barcelona Ironman regarding getting money back from Evolution? Or are the scallywags running off with all the entry fees?

Comments

• ok,it seems that Evolution & Challenge have parted company. Race website is www.challenge-barcelona.es NOT www.challenge-barcelona.com. There seems to be a difference in who's registered between sites and Challenge emailed me to say download the form, fill it in and send it off - to where, I'm not sure. They also said to try and get cash back from Evolution but if not able to, don't panic, you can still race.
  • jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    Do you have any more info on this as I entered with Evolution as that is where the challenge site sent me when registration opened? I've not heard anything from challenge, how long ago were you contacted. Any chance you could send the email address you heard from as I'm slightly concerned now, booked a hotel (can cancel) and was about to book flights. I notice the race dates are different on each site.
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    there is a lot of good information on the issues between challenge and evolution at tritalk forums. it looks like evolution have been given the heave but challenge are going to honour the entries with evolution if the entrants can't get refunds.

the date of the half seems to have changed, not sure about the full.
  • I picked this info up from this months March's) 220 page 16. I contacted Challenge at the www.challenge-barcelona.es website and they gave me the info about trying to get refund but not to worry about entry if already made. They have a pdf entry form to download that they said send back to them. I've emailed Evolution re a refund but no reply yet. As an aside, I phoned Barclaycard and they said they may be able to help if I get no joy with Evolution. I wonder if Challenge haven't contacted people as Evolution still have the original database of entrant details. What a palaver!
    Thanks, I have sent an email to the .es people now explaining my situation and waiting for a reply. It is rather annoying really. Luckily I paid on credit card so hope to get some protection that way. The number of people it has happened to is quite large though, 849 registered entrants with the .com people, up by about 450 in the past month. What is even worse is if you google the event it is the .com people that come up first, no sign of the .es on the first results page.
  • Yep, all very slightly annoying, fraud is a word that springs to mind. However, I would recommend hanging in there as it was a fab race and fantastically well organised and run, which I guess had nothing to do with Evolution. Oh, and the weather was pretty good too! And how often does one get the opportunity to "race" against Marcel Zamora?
    I will hang in there, I want to do a half distance somewhere warm, dry and flat. I have emailed tri247 and the BTF to see if they can raise the profile of this matter so other people don't find the same way. Luckily your post came the day before I was going to book my flights, so saved me a potential expense there.