Home Chat General Chat

Tri Suit Fit

Hi guys,

New to Tri and have just bought a Tri suit online for my first tri in may It's a 2XU elite. ideally I would have gone to a shop and tried one on but with training and family time, time is limited! I followed the sizing chart but boy it's snug, secondskin would be a good description,is this just something I need to get used to or does it sound a bit to snug? I feel like I could swim, bike and run and it's not cutting into me it's just well, it's thin and tight!!!

feel free to tell me to man up!!

Cheers dan

Comments

• LexLex Posts: 65
    Dan,

Man up!! Tight is good mate - embrace the feeling of tight lycra!!
  • They are bloody tight, and reveal almost everything. Too loose and when you swim in it (in a pool etc), water would be rushing through it. Give it a go in training. You'll have some funny look when you go to the pool in it, but it's worth giving it a try out in a pool before your first event. Cycling in it is fine, just put a normal shirt over the top, and it won't look out of the oridnary. As to running, you've got to be careful. Don't pass any school, of it's a High School, you'll get more abuse than you deserve, if it's a Primary School, well that's just wrong. Put shorts and a shirt over it whilst out running, and all is OK. Just need to get used to the feeling of the running with the minimal padding. Also worth giving it a go on the bike when it's, as again it's slightly different than dry.

As to the day itself, worry not, you'll be amongst the masses, none of which look good in a Tri suit.

I assume you gt a black one, some of the other colours, especially white just don't leave anything to the imagination, escpecially when wet.
  • AtomicAtomic Posts: 126
    Can I wear my jeans please?
  • I think 2xu are at least one size too small. Which came as a bit of a shock to me, I don't enjoy buying anything that begins with an X in the size.
  • largeadelargeade Posts: 166
    When I first put one on last year my wife said I looked not far off 'the only gay in the village' in mine. It was a great incentiviser to lose weight!!!
  • I nearly posted the same as you 8 months ago. I took it out of its wrapper and wondered if the legs should start gripping below my knees!!

Soon got used to it though!

As per previous quote wife gave it some "only gay in the village" that was until she saw me in bib shorts - she still doesn't think its the 'norm'!