Home Chat General Chat

What training have you done today?

Comments

• Went to the gym yesterday. Some CV work, stretching and Concept 2 rowing. Threw down a marker over 2000metres to gauge progress against.

Weighed myself on calibrated scales, and was a lot more than I thought. More training and dietary discipline required

• LeeCookLeeCook Posts: 22
    monday: cold

tuesday: 25 mile bike still having cold

wednesday: 5 mile run, 2,500m swim feeling a bit better

• RewRew Posts: 62
    Now the New Year is here it's time to combine rugby training with tri training.

Started last night with an hour on the turbo. Legs still sore from blowing away the Christmas cobwebs at rugby on Tuesday.

Nothing to compare with what's to come I suppose!!!
  • WellaWella Posts: 188
    Sat - Rugby

Sun - 16km run

Mon - 12km Bike to work

Tue - 5km run

Long runs the day after playing rugby are interesting.

Wella
  • Rich_CRich_C Posts: 152
    Sunday. 25 Mile bike, 6 mile run

Monday, 25 miles bike, 6 miles run, 1 mile swim. 30 mins weights.

Today. Rest
  • RewRew Posts: 62
    Wella,

If you can run 16k on a sunday after playing rugby on saturday then you are not playing hard enough my friend!!!

Having said that I was on the turbo for 80 minutes last night after refereeing a game on saturday.
  • loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    Clubswim last night

1800m should have been 2100 but missed some bits of it

set another 100m pb at 1:51 [:)]

Rew,

No choice i'm afraid. Marathon training means the only day for a long run is Sunday. Leg muscles are fine after playing rugby, it just all the cuts and bruises that start to hurt more after about 10km!

I can see agony on the cards over the next two months.

wella
  • GrantGrant Posts: 15
    Sun - 5 Mile Run, then off to the pool for a swim.

Today - half hour in the weights room, followed by 20mins on exercise bike and 3km on treadmill.
  • the bellythe belly Posts: 125
    [:D]saturday 10 mile cross country. 2000 mtr swim sunday 65 miles with hcrc on the bike again, 20 miles bike monday. 20 today and just done a nother 2000mtrs in the pool ...9 mile run to work in the morning[:D][:D][:D]
    Belly, you have too much energy for January.

Wed - Weights at the gym.

Wella
  • 45min hill run session with the running club, hard work but a few more sessions of hills and my dislike for them will hopefully start to fall!!
  • ILMAKRILMAKR Posts: 20
    Just had my first every swimming lesson. Fist me I'm tired.

It's going to take some effort to get up to any distance; at the moment I can just about do 25m.

Must remember to breathe more!

• pacrfishpacrfish Posts: 266
    Haven't been posting cos what I'm doing each week is a bit boring at present ....

45 mins run intervals

45 min bike intervals

8-10 mile run

25 mile bike

50 minute brick session

45 min swim

(or as much of that as family/work and weather permit!)

Even sounds boring, doesn't it!
    More interesting than mine Pat!

For a change I went for another run.

8km along the Thames. Harder than normal as the wind created a resistance similar to dragging a tyre behind me (I can imagine).

Wella
  • went for hour long run last night with running club doing 6-7 miles

tried out new heart rate monitor last night and average HR was about 165! lot of training to do and lots of weight to lose!!
  • the bellythe belly Posts: 125
    [:)][:D][;)]swam saturday night with 1485 tri,,,2500mtrs...today road 25 miles from market bosworth to barrow upon soar... ran 6 miles road race ...with hinckley running club 42 mins.... then road 25 miles back home... taking in beacon hill [:@][:@][:@] got to keep going, got to keep going, people to beat[:D][:D].im just a fat bloke on a bike[:)]
  • madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    run 4 miles - chest all the better for the antibiotics -- knees still hate me (feck)
  • AlgarniAlgarni Posts: 46
    Hi

Just trying to prepare for my first race in 2.5 years in Auckland this weekend.

It is only a sprint Triathlon but I am hoping I have put in enough preparation for it.

This week is wind down so have been for a 20km Cycle today and a small 3km Run tonight with a few sprints. Rest day tomorrow then a small sprint session in the pool on Wednesday.

Can't wait to get the race started and see how my body is doing.

weights this morning - chest n biceps (good overload session with higher reps)

swim tonight
  • pacrfishpacrfish Posts: 266
    Two swims this weekend - trying to remember what I should be doing. 7.5 mile hilly, muddy run/slide/paddle lunchtime.

Colleague at work (currently training for London marathon) tells me he gets tired but doesn't 'hurt' while running. I can't decide whether knee, ankle or hip hurt most... but it's all pain! Is running meant to hurt?? Or is it just me?
    Tri club swim last night...

Last thursday 4km run

last friday gym - which was endurance intervals on the treadmill followed weights...didn't releasise quite how weak my shoulders are...

• hour long swim with tri club last night (swim already starting to improve)

hour long run with running club tonight, speed session i think

Sat - Rugby - Injured shoulder so unable to run on sunday or do weights yesterday.

Tue - 7.5km run at almost race pace.

Wella
  • Friday: After finally having started to teach myself to swim crawl, and almost drowning, on Monday, I succeeded in swimming multiple lengths of crawl and breathing correctly, after years of breast-stroke only. Swam Breast-stroke 2km and crawl 800m.

Saturday: Ran 10 km on snow and ice (I'm in Norway)

Sunday: Thought I'd follow up on Friday's success. Discovered that on only my second day of swimming crawl I can do 1500m in under 32 minutes, easily. Looking forward to putting some real effort into it and watching the time come down. Swam crawl 2000m and breast-stroke 1000m.

Monday: Got a stinking cold. Was up all night sneezing and being snotty. Feel dreadful and so will take the day off. It must be a reaction to chlorine in the nose.

Tuesday: Feeling well again. Will go indoor climbing tonight.
    a.m. - run (5 miles steady pace ... oh how much easier on my knees) stretched like a b1tch before & after

p.m. - bike (spinning 1 hour ... fooked but good)
    yesterday...

Gym ...running endurance intervals....

yesterday (am) weights - legs / shoulders

(pm) run - steady 6 miles

today (am) rest

(pm) bike - 2 hour spinning *

* became a brick session due to traffic & high winds .... blah blah blah.....

(pm) brick - 1.5 mile run / 2 hour spin / 1.5 mile run
  • MikeyBMikeyB Posts: 135
    Managed to go out for a quick run at lunchtime. Working from home today so it was lanes and paths. Really muddy but great fun.

Mike

• AlgarniAlgarni Posts: 46
    Thursday went for a 5km run at a fast pace HR around 170bpm. Friday worked all day and night so no time for training. ( Pobably a good thing as I have a race on Sunday)

Saturday (today) went for a 2.5km open water swim. My first swim at such distance in open water.

Not the best idea with a race tomorrow but I got so excited to be out there I couldn't stop. Got a long day/night at work today then up first thing 6am for 7.30 race start tomorrow morning.

Can't wait.

It feels good to be bitten by the TRI bug a second tome round!!!!