Home Chat General Chat

Traffic free training area needed asap

Morning all,

As some of you know, Ben Laws (willieverfinish) will be competing in a middle-distance race with his son, Ewan, this year (http://www.teamlaws.co.uk). He's just got the buggy that he will use to tow Ewan round the course, and needs to get used to it on a nice traffic-free area before taking it out on proper roads.

Does anyone know of an area in south london/surrey/sussex that is tarmac and traffic free? I've just been denied a request by the MoD to use Kenley aerodrome for cycling, and we need somewhere for tomorrow morning. Dorney is unfortunately booked out for Olympic rowing trials this weekend too.

Help!

Comments

• md6md6 Posts: 969
    have you thought about maybe one of the central london parks (Hyde/Regents etc) or herne hill velodrome in Dulwich?
  • Cheers Mark - at such shirt notice we are heading to Richmond Park tomorrow for a test ride.

Should be interesting

Don't forget to give me a wide berth if you see us... I don't want to stack it!!
  • theres green park in reading (near the ex-blueseventy swim centre) its full of offices but empty on the weekends! prob same with most built "office estates"? not much help for londoners but hey ho!