Home Chat General Chat

bizarre near miss !!!!

I had a bizarre incident whilst out on my bike .
I was out minding my own business going about 20 mph , when a Cat ran out in front of me and went under my front wheel ,but it managed to dart out before my back wheel hit it .
I had a major out of control moment , but I managed to hang on and stay upright .

After a few moments I calmed down and my heart rate went back to normal .
Then I looked down and there was about a 6 inch peice of fur in between my chainset .
This put a smile on my face

The question is , has anyone else had anything similar happen ?

Comments

• nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    I've nobbled a squirrel with mine
  • AtomicAtomic Posts: 126
    Hit a massive hare one night on way home from work.

Bloody threw me off it did.
  • danny_sdanny_s Posts: 235
    I hit a fox coming home from work two years ago. No fur, but it did make a cracking noise when the rear wheel went over.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Previuosly posted about a pigeon flying into me, lots of feathers & I got a good scratch to show for it, an owl swooped in front a few weeks ago & was enough to scare the poop out of me (Well almost) & a semi suicidal squirrel almost got under my front wheel, but backed out as I loomed over him last week. I would point out that this is in Birmingham, not some rural idyll.
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    I hit a chav the other week, does that count?
  • bulletbullet Posts: 115
    md6 wrote:
    Only if you broke his nose or something !!!!

• md6 wrote:
    you must have some burberry in your chainset then, and your bike is probably pregnant.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Fallen pregnant seems to be the appropriate term (too much Jeremy Kyle...I thought it was a natural history show).