Home Chat General Chat

Female only events

Am I missing something here but why have single sexed events ?

I have heard of a male only duathlon also. Just seems very odd to me. Can anyone explain why this happens cos I thought the big bad world of tri was inclusive and friendly.

Or am I naive ?

Comments

• not that I've felt the need but some women feel very intimidated by the perceived machoness of tri events - there's this myth that us girls don't do well in a tesosterone infused arena and don't like being that competitive - yer right

personally I don't get a kick out of passing another female but get a real buzz out of 'chicking' the boys
  • Tri without Cameltoe?
  • AtomicAtomic Posts: 126
    Spectator appreciation?
  • This has got me thinking.

Could we have

Ok Swimmer, moderate cyclist, poor runner, only events ?

Or

Too old and slow to be doing this stuff, only events ?

Moonshine I like your style, i'll send you over a list of my events this year, that should provide you with a seasons worth of Buzz
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Yeah, my tri club (Chester) has a women only race. It's great, it's won awards, but personally I still don't see why it's women only.
  • speaking as a female, I wouldnt like to see "male only" tri's.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    I would watch one....no blokes in the way to spoil the view..

Hows that for fuelling the insecuritiess? hehehe.
  • spare me....whatever next!

maybe we could get the Met Police's Black Police Officers' association down to assist...and no, that's not a racist or rozzerist comment, just irks the sh!t out of me when we feel that we need to make special exceptions to encourage "minority groups". We've seen what a clusterfcuk this governement's attempts at social engineering and multi-culturalism experiment has been, leave things be.

And yes, i love being chicked...much better view when chasing and encourages me to pick up the pace a bit!!!
  • LexLex Posts: 65
    I was overtaken on my first race by the most gorgeous blonde, the fact that she absolutely destroyed me just made her all the more awesome!
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    Female only events are boring......I've done one and won't do one again, personally don't see the point!!