Home Chat General Chat

Greeper laces

Good enough for CW and Team Laws then good enough for you ?

http://www.greeper.com

I've got some and they are very good.

Comments

• BmanBman Posts: 442
    I cant say I was very convinced by those after trying them a few times at the TCR show. I didnt see the point, after using elastic laces that require no fiddling, to be honest.
  • i have tried elastic, normal laces and greepers. i found the greepers to be the best for support when running and for quick turnround in triathlon transition, especially with cold fingers.

Elastic laces tended to make my feet move around in the shoe on impact as the lace tends to give a little, perhaps this is why shoe manufacturers do not sell trainers with elastic laces.

i am recommending to all my colleagues that they try greepers, and am confident that they wont look back.
  • Bman wrote:
    I cant say I was very convinced by those after trying them a few times at the TCR show. I didnt see the point, after using elastic laces that require no fiddling, to be honest.
    i was also at TCR, did you try the lace on your trainer or just use the demo model, when i tried it it only took 2 secnds to loosen and then tighten
  • willieverfinish wrote:
    Good enough for CW and Team Laws then good enough for you ?

http://www.greeper.com

I've got some and they are very good.
    i agree
  • Have you ever run on soft ground with trainers with elastic laces?

Your foot can move in the shoe, you can feel the heal of your foot slipping in and out of the cup. Well I can and these stop that.

Secure feeling and just as quick as elastic laces IMHO.
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    I just tried the demo model a few times. Everyone to their own I guess.
  • Hi - I am the inventor of GREEPER Laces and it was great meeting and chatting to everyone who visited our stand at TCR last weekend. What's more it was good to get a better understanding of people's views about laces - normal and elastic - and there's a lot of different views for sure!
    GREEPER Laces provide another option in this field. For those of you who prefer normal laces, GREEPER Laces give you the peace of mind that they'll never come undone and can be so easily adjusted - loosened and tightened - without having to "undo" the laces. If you currently use elastic laces (as I used to) you'll find GREEPER Laces provide better support for your feet when running and still facilitate fast transition with the unique patented GREEPER lacing system.
    Other anecdotes I heard from some of you last weekend: a few people reported real issues when using elastic laces - shin splints and tendon (achilles) issues. Another common comment was that several of you had run right our of your trainers when running through mud with elastic laces. Of course you can tighten elastic laces but the more you tighten them the less elastic they become!
    Finally, you'll find (as I did) that the elasticity of elastic laces doesn't last that long so you need to replace them quite frequently.
    Next time you are looking for laces give GREEPERS a thought. I will personally guarantee satisfaction with GREEPER Laces - or your money back!
    Whichever you choose, you are out there doing it and that's the most important thing, so I wish you all a great season in 2010!
    I'll be at some of the other main UK events (London Marathon, London Tri, London ITU) so come and say hi!
    All the best. Peter.
  • AtomicAtomic Posts: 126
    greeperman wrote:
    I will personally guarantee satisfaction with GREEPER Laces - or your money back!
    Can't say fairer than that. Maybe worth a try when I need to change my current elastic laces.

Nothing to lose.
  • ShaggyShaggy Posts: 140
    Just ordered some for me and some for 7 year old daughter's running shoes for school x-country. Will let you know my tuppence too.

Ade
  • been sucked in as well ...going to try these in place of the elastic laces i currently have...
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    not sure that there is any benefit over the xtenex laces i have already, the little knots stop the lace moving and they are easy to get on with cold, numb, shaking hands...how much were the greepers? I might give them a go if the costs are comparable Although - do they come in red or black?
  • Do they come with Haribos?
  • mine just ordered cost £7.95...come in all colours!.....need to be good to command this premium over decent elastic laces which do a job...i'll post my feedback on them...
  • E mail Peter and see what he says.

I am having Team Laws embroidered ones
  • ShaggyShaggy Posts: 140
    sorry for delay in this - had the vomit 'lergie.

Greepers arrived very fast and easy to install. Slower to put on than elastic laces. Still a bit quicker than tying a bow. You have to have the lace loose in the shoe to fit foot, then pull tight at each hole before tightening the greeper lace loops at the top. Running is just like a normal lace with the (for me) associated stop after 5 mins because one shoe is too tight and one shoe is too loose - does anyone else get that?

I will probably stick to elastic laces, not for speed but I've got quite used to the even pressure and bit of give. Although now they are there I'll leave them in my training shoes and see if practice speeds it up.

Also fitted pair to my 7 year olds trainers and she thinks they are ace.

Ade