Home Chat General Chat

Cheshire Cat sportive

Is anybody from the forum doing the Cheshire Cat cyclosportive this year on March 28th or has anybody done it in previous years?Ive heard it`s a proper toughie with some huge climbs

Comments

• ollybollyb Posts: 11
    Went last year and only did the short one. I didn't have any massive climbs, guess they were just on the longer rides!
  • Hi, i'm in this, first time for me. I'm doing the 100 mile using it as training for IM France. There is supposed to be some big climbs with the infamous "Mow Cop" 25% gradient in there - looking forward to it
  • hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    I climb Mow Cop regularly as I only live 20 mins ride from it.... I can tell you its a monster..... 1 mile long starts steep, about 15% and finishes on 25%.... So far my fastest climb has been 8mins 40s... using 39/26gear.

I consider myself a reasonable climber and this is tough.

There is a run race up it every year too called the Killer Mile, I ran it last year and won it in a time of 8:21 I think?? so im quicker running up it than cycling......I think the route goes up Cat and Fiddle too?? Thats a 6.8 mile climb averaging 8% from macclesfield to buxton. its not as bad as everyone makes out.... I have climbed that in the Big chainring (53/19) in a time of 26:31.
  • I was reading about that Killer Mile yesterday sounded intresting - I'm hoping to get a run at Mow Cop before the race, the hill does look like a killer