Home Chat General Chat

best sales gimic in the world!!

Well, I bought my tri suit and also threw in a race belt and elastic laces. I get home tonight and there was a package on the floor...race belt, elastic laces and.....a FREE PACKET OF HARIBOS!! lmao!!
Best reason ever to buy from wiggle!!

Comments

• iadamaiadama Posts: 60
    and that's the main reason most forumites send their wages direct to Wiggle - not for the tri related goodies, but for the sugar rush instead
  • bulletbullet Posts: 115
    I got my Haribo Tangtastics the other day !!!!

• AtomicAtomic Posts: 126
    Haribo Tangtastic with some nice shiny SIDI shoes today.

Kids pinched the Haribos though.
  • I didn't realise they sent you sweeties, it was like a mini christmas!
    Brilliant!
  • Excellent, I have a tri-suit on the way too. Now even more to look forward to!

I worry that they now advertise that I'm a Platinum Customer (spent over £1000 in the previous yr, basically I bought a bike) every time I log on. Do they realise the impact that could have on the WAT?
  • My missus was very keen to take the Haribos as WAT!
    I wish Mrs Atomic would accept Haribos as WAT.

I needed to buy her a new bike as WAT for my new bike.

That works out at about 40%WAT
  • ok...what is WAT?
  • Ok, ok - they we're only a pair of Zoggs Predators I ordered!

Mick - I asked the same question a few months ago - the replies went onto 3 or 4 pages.
    post61109.html?hilit=wat#p61109

Cut a long story short WAT or Wife Added Tax - It the extra costs you have to pay to the missus for buying a new piece of kit.

i.e. I buy a new bike for £1,000 - the wife has to have a new pair os shoes (which I pay for!!

Obviously the level of WAT varies hugely between individuals and there are sometimes ways and means of avoiding it/ reducing it! (Cue next post - how do you avaid WAT)
  • 45CDO45CDO Posts: 44
    "Cue next post - how do you avoid WAT" -- By sending items to your work and then hiding the bank statements...
  • oh yes! you are on the slippery slope towards triathlon
  • I know...just about to upgrade to Carbon bike...
  • Ok, got my TriSuit through, but no Haribo Does that count as reason enough to return it?
  • TRAVESTY!!....or maybe I'm a 'special' customer.....

I'm waiting on my Trisuit - I'll be watching for the Haribo but yeah, dagnamit - send it back unless they give with the sweetness!!!
  • That's all part of the Wiggle excitement. Will I, or won't I. It doesn't matter if you don't, because they'll always be a next time, and the times you do make up for the times you don't.

(it's not always Haribos. I've got a Wiggle keyring/bottle opener thingy once)
  • bulletbullet Posts: 115
    Yeah welcome to the world of Triathlon !!!

After my last recent purchase , I am now a Platinum customer .

And I haven't purchased a bike from them !!!!!!!!!

• I take it all back, they're rubbish! My Tri suit came today...NO SWEETS!!

AND the suit they sent me makes me look fat with a small penis!!....must be faulty? :roll:
  • For your information Mick......WAT=Wife Added Tax
  • mickwood wrote:

AND the suit they sent me makes me look fat with a small penis!!....must be faulty? :roll:
    Great image to have in mind for the afternoon
  • Runningmad wrote:
    [quote="mickwood":2xu78yyv]

Great image to have in mind for the afternoon [/quote:2xu78yyv]

Whatever floats your boat
  • TRIumphant wrote:
    [quote="Runningmad":2jsaxvbq][quote="mickwood":2jsaxvbq]

Great image to have in mind for the afternoon [/quote:2jsaxvbq]

Whatever floats your boat [/quote:2jsaxvbq]

haha, maybe I should have rephrased that to not a great image to have in your mind or something like that. Lucky I'm a proofreader and not a copy writer!
  • All I can say is...a little bit of sick came up in my mouth...

NOT a pleasant sight!

Gaz...I'm slowly learning ALL about WAT!!
  • PUBLIC RETRACTION

Ladies and gentlemen, I would lie to apologies for my defammatory comments about Wiggle. Upon further investigation my wife found a pack of Haribo which I had dropped when opening the bag with my new trisuit.
  • Two for two this past week for me!

MMmm... tangfastics. My favourite.
    3 packages from wiggle in the last week and a half

Shoes, pedals and pump - £250 - no haribos :roll:

Helmet - £140 - No haribos :roll:

Socks and repair kit - £12 - HARIBOS

Think I'll get lots of small packages from now on.