Home Chat General Chat

Which Trainers (shoes)

Ok so I did my first half marathon and seemed to end up getting blistes on the arches of my feet and no where else. I am wearing Saucony Jazz trainers and I seem to fore foot strike, can anyone recommend a good pair of trainers that might help me run a bit better and not give me blistes as I am preparing for a half ironman in september ????

Comments

• MGMG Posts: 470
    It may not be the shoes, it may be your socks. I would experiment with new socks before shelling out on trainers. 1000 mile do some nice ones as does Decathlon. Good luck.
  • I have some nice double skined socks,I dont whether it was because my feet were wet due to the weather ??? It was pissing it down and so I guess that didnt help. Has anyone heard about Newton running shoes and what they are like to run in ??
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    Might be worth getting your gait analysed at a reputable running shop. They should be able to tell if you're fore foot striker or mid foot. Newtons are suitable for fore foot and mid foot, but have very little cushioning. Most folk I know who wear them love them, I'm a heel striker however AND I over pronate so they are no use to me.....
  • HarryDHarryD Posts: 425
    Have a look at Brooks Adreneline GTS shoes. My experience with Saucony shoes is that the inner lining/foam/padding etc doesn't last anywhere near as long as the outer leading to sore spots & in my case aggravated heel bursae.

The Adreneline shoes don't have a big clunky heel and are well built & comfy. I forefoot run but know others who heelstrike & we're all happy with them.
  • I used to have a pair of the Brooks Adrenaline and can also vouch for their comfort. At the moment I go for Asics Trail shoes; at any rate, I'd recommend going to a proper running shop (not a JJB or anywhere else you might just get a 16-year old on his Saturday job) to make sure get the right shoes for your running style.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Get your gait checked and fitted for some running flats or trainers that suit you.

I did and its well worht the time spent. I got blisters and bad ankles until I got my SUPERNOVAS. Never though i would have Adidas running shoes.
  • CoolsterCoolster Posts: 2
    Mizuno Wave Rider have been brilliant for me - comforable, light weight and hard wearing. I'm a natural mid foot striker and can do miles in these without blisters.
  • AtomicAtomic Posts: 126
    Coolster wrote:
    Mizuno Wave Rider have been brilliant for me - comforable, light weight and hard wearing. I'm a natural mid foot striker and can do miles in these without blisters.
    +1 for Mizuno Wave Riders. Never had any blisters at all in mine and they really are comfy. I'll be buying another pair soon. Have done about 750km in current pair and virtually no wear.

They look the dogs nuts too.