Home Chat General Chat

first duathlon question

hi i am doing my first duathlon next weekend and i have a question about what to wear short wise . i just wanted to know if people run in padded bike short or if people wear tight running shorts and just put up with getting a sore arse. or it they change between the both in the transition??

thanks John

Comments

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    tri suit....everytime. However in the absence of said item I would run in a pair if cycle shorts with a smallish pad in, reasoning I am less likely to get sore from cycle shorts rubbing than saddle sore on the bike.
    I routinely run 4-10km to my spin classes (& home 5k) in a pair of Assos bibs that do not have the smallest pad in the world in & don't get chafing.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    How long is the bike?

I would be tempted to go with running shorts and large amounts of bodyglide or assoss or whatever. Depends how sore you get how quickly on the bike.
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    You may as well go for a tri suit/tri shorts. The cycling pad is designed to run in and will offer some comfort on the bike. Going the lashings of lube and running shorts route is a no no, when I did that I got sores on my thighs from the shorts riding up and my legs rubbing on the saddle. No brainer really..