Home Chat General Chat

pub guilt syndrome

Am i the only reformed piss head who now because ive discovered triathlon ive become a state registered
bore? i went out for a pint with mates on saturday ( my 1st for 4 weeks,the longest ive gone without a pint for maybe 25 years) and felt guilty at putting all those useless calories in my (now slimmer!) gut.
Does anyone else suffer this strange affliction and will it wear off?...i even ended up drinking vodka and coke coz someone said its less cals!!
il be buying michael bubble cds next...

Comments

• Yesss!

I'm six months into my 'reform' and now look for any excuse not to drink. First up was new year, with the 'I've given it up for January' excuse, then lent came along and there was another perfect excuse not to drink and be fun.

Oh, and the Michael Buble cd got bought, for me... by my wife, for Christmas.
  • AtomicAtomic Posts: 126
    I used to look for excuses to get out to the pub. Football, mates, rugby, Grand Prix, etc. Any excuse would do.

Now I'm looking for excuses to give my mates and the WAT officer on why I dont want to go out.

There is no way I will be buying a Mickey Bubbles CD though
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    Um, you are not alone.

I am almost a year into it, but i have found the middle ground. I enjoy going for a pint every now and then, and i find that if i drink a few bottles of beer then so be it. I figure that until I start to knock on the door of winning my age group then there is no need to completely give up or worry about having the odd beer
  • GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    I enjoy going for a pint every now and then, and i find that if i drink a few bottles of beer then so be it. I figure that until I start to knock on the door of winning my age group then there is no need to completely give up or worry about having the odd beer
    Here, here.

Can't see the point in getting to hung up about this unless you really are at the top level.

If you're doing enough training you'll burn it off anyway.