Home Chat General Chat

Just thought i should say hi

I'd like to say hi im new here i've been lurking around for the past few weeks and finally decided to join up. i see how
everyone is contribuiting to one another and help others out i hope to do the same. just thought i just swing a warm hello!

Comments

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Edit

Message delete by me

I dont want to welcome dodgy members!
  • iadamaiadama Posts: 60
    It's some time of spam, although I can't see what they're selling.

Exactly the same message from another "newbie" here: just-thought-i-should-say-hi-t48533.html
  • hitman786hitman786 Posts: 37
    iadama wrote:
    It's some time of spam, although I can't see what they're selling.

Exactly the same message from another "newbie" here: just-thought-i-should-say-hi-t48533.html
    Yes exactly the same intro in both threads but users are different. But why would they do that? other one also didn't appear after that post.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    I saw the first as well and let it go cause they weren't exactly spamming...

same with this one, not exactly spamming....

I can delete the thread if needs be/.
  • iadamaiadama Posts: 60
    The t'interweb's full of them, bizzarely - http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid ... m+hello%22. First hit, with same message (including same speeling mistooks) is on Jamie Oliver's forum!

No idea what they're trying to achieve though. Very strange.
  • largeadelargeade Posts: 166
    At a guess: its a bot style attempt to see if they can pwn the forum for later spam
  • LeezarLeezar Posts: 36
    It’s probable a website optimisation company as they sell packages of links from forums, directories and article sites. All links help sites raise their ranking on Google etc. Then they have to somehow sneak the links on to forums and hope they don’t get taken off or they will not get paid

Shameless as it is I hope my links are ok for my businesses got to try to pay for all the kit somehow and beats paying someone to do the work
  • hitman786hitman786 Posts: 37
    Leezar wrote:
    It’s probable a website optimisation company as they sell packages of links from forums, directories and article sites. All links help sites raise their ranking on Google etc. Then they have to somehow sneak the links on to forums and hope they don’t get taken off or they will not get paid

Shameless as it is I hope my links are ok for my businesses got to try to pay for all the kit somehow and beats paying someone to do the work
    No, This is not the case here, they don't have any keyword or link in the post, SEO don't work in this way without keywords or links.

This is something else, most probably they are are checking the response before their expected spam in future.