Home Chat General Chat

Online Training Log

Have decided to step into the 20th Century as a first step into the 21st. My £1.99 WHSmiths A5 notebook improvised Training Diary is looking a bit worn, especially following my toddler using it as a food wipe. Though this and the previous A4 foolscap version have given me years of error and crash free usage I think I'm going to have to take the leap and try and log my training online. I have gone back to my trusty Polar F11 (Sorry - Just didn't really take to the Garmin 305) and just wondered if anyone could recommend a good online training diary with lots of graphs and pretty pictures to inspire a 40 something to his next injury. Oh, it needs to take polar data. I've played with the polarpersonaltrainer but its a bit pants to be honest.

Any ideas? Or should I get a moleskin diary?

JtheT

p.s. Apologies for being offline for a while from this great forum - Dreams of traithlon elitism were temporary suspended by a torn achilles. Something I most certainly would not recommend....

Comments

• grant1974grant1974 Posts: 262
    I use Triblogs, it doesn't do everything you've requested but does allow you to enter the data manually.

Anyway, check it out, well worth it.
    http://www.triblogs.com/
  • graham33graham33 Posts: 265
    Ah - if you went Garmin - the online garmin connect is completely free and has graphs - animations of your rides/runs. you can set your weekly goals etc - it's brilliant.

I got rid of my polar HRM and got Garmin 310XT - never looked back!
  • jsa01jsa01 Posts: 9
    I use http://www.runsaturday.com. You can upload data to it from a wide variety of gizmos, including Polar, Garmin etc.

It has pretty graphs aplenty, the ability to share your training with others if you so desire, and in my opinion is just a very good, easy to use, friendly website.
  • gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    Another plug for TriBlogs.com
    I've been using it for 18 months and I love it.

Want inspiration?
    Set TriBlogs.com as the homepage of your browser, that way every time you go online the empty training days mock you into activity!
  • jthetjthet Posts: 45
    Cheers Guys

TriBlogs it is then!!! Graphs a plenty to shame me into action!

The damn Diary and Plan page staring you in the face when you log on with the nothing recorded is probably going to be the biggest motivator..............

jthet