Home Chat General Chat

What TT bike? Recommendations Please

Has anyone got a Fuji D6? Just had a look at evans online and they look good, but i dont know anyone with one. Can anyone recommend a TT bike? Looking to spend in that price range.

Comments

• BmanBman Posts: 442
    hi, Ben aka willieverfinish said he had booked a test ride on a D6 for March, so he would be the man to ask.

I bet you loads of people would say for that price, you cant beat the spec and performance of the planet X stealth SRAM red setup.
  • FirestarterFirestarter Posts: 120
    For that money, I'd get last years Cervelo P2C frame, Ultegra 6700 groupset, some bars from ebay and some PX 101/82 wheels. Build it yourself and you'd get change from £2000 (ish).

And that, I reckon, would piss ALL over the Fuji AND the Stealth (and pretty much any other bike for that matter).
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    ...but you'd still get passed by Lance on a butcher's bike...
  • hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    1) get one that fits properly
    2) get one you like the look of
    3)get the best components you can afford

dont worry about which one, youll get a million and one different recommendations on here from our own experiences. as long as those rules above apply to you.....and you only....then that is the bike you should get~:)
  • Ah the Fuji..... I did take one out for a test ride.

Quite simply - it's fast. Winds up really well and pretty stable at speed. I did a couple of laps round Richmond park.

I have not ridden a TT specific bike before so I was a little nervous about stacking it but it was fine. Actually very comfortable. Climbs well too.

I would happily shell out £2k for one - well worth it.

I am just waiting for next month to make a decision and low and behold Evans have knocked £500 OFF THE PRICE.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/fuji/d6-comp-2010-triathlon-bike-ec022178

I defy anyone to come up with a better looking/spec'd bike for one thousand five hundred pounds coins.

Bargain of the century. Buy one.... I think I am going too.