Home Chat General Chat

Decent heart rate monitors for fairly cheap!

Hey guys

Am looking to buy my first heart rate monitor, nothing spectacular, just something basic that will do the job and not put me too much out of pocket, but at the same time not pack up after a short while and be easy enough to use and understand...

Anyone have any recommendations?

Cheers!

G

Comments

• FirestarterFirestarter Posts: 120
    I'm sure someone will be on here in a mo saying you need a £500 HRM :roll:

You don't, the basic Polar one will be fine if all you need is a HRM reading and training zones. on Ebay they go for about £25-30.
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    lidl, from april 5th i think, have hrm and running stuff on. it might be total arse but for 13quid you can probably afford to risk it.
  • I use the £15 one from Decathlon. Works a treat and is cheap.
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    I've got one that came from Aldi. It's cheap and cheerful but does the job.

Except on the bike where it interferes with my cycle computer.
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    aldi or lidl have a deal on basic HRMs with other running kit next week!

check out their websites...

didds
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    The cheap ones are fine. As they say Fleabay it and you'll pick one up for about £30max. Thats what I done and it was fine.

If you head down the coaching route then a better HR monitor is recommened, that way you can upload you results and share it with your coach.
  • gar_curtgar_curt Posts: 2
    Cheers guys - nice to know Lidl's and the like can still do the job! I still use the cycling gear i picked up there last year as recommended on this forum! Happy days
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Tesco direct! £15 quid, jobsagoodun.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Bloody hell Jesster your back! Where have you been?

Oh yeah and HRM...........................I cant comment as I have a forerunner 405 and love it. every last 205 quids it cost.