Home Chat General Chat

What training have you done today?

Comments

• 14k run this morning - started training for marathon in April

Good luck Algarni ..... what race are you doing?

• AlgarniAlgarni Posts: 46
    Thanks Mike.

I'm doing the sprint in the Panasonic peoples tri in Mission Bay.

Got to get my rest now. Work finished for the night.

Thanks again.
    Yeeeehhhaaaaahh!!!

I finished the sprint and it felt good. I now know how unfit I am on the bike and have to world on that a lot for the full tri in February.

Isn't it crazy how this pain is addictive???

Loving it all the way to my bed!!
  • the bellythe belly Posts: 125
    [:)][:D]saturday 2000mtr swim, sunday 20 mile bike to ansty castle hill park for cross country race, 6 miles very hard work, 20 miles back home to market bosworth. got to keep going people to beat, people to beat,[:@][:@][:D]
  • well done Algarni :)

Saturday - Sloooow run 14K

Sunday - rest

Monday - Started using exercise ball - weird!

• MikeyBMikeyB Posts: 135
    Nice long (for me) bike ride on Sunday. So nice to be out in the countryside riding instead of my normal commute into London.

Mike

• RewRew Posts: 62
    Went for my first swim since London Tri.

Man that was hard work

1600m in total. (100m,200m,300,400,300,200,100m)
  • unfortunatly my training has come to a temporary halt due to badly spraining my ankle last thursday whilst out with the running club!

really annoying as starting to really get into the training and the run was (until i tumbled) going far better than previous weeks!

doctor said off running for 2-3 weeks but will go to tri swim on friday
  • nickbnickb Posts: 13
    AM -

6mile spin to pool, from home

2,500m swim - 300m WU, 400m Drills (paddles and catch ups), (3x133.3m), (2x200m), (3x133.3m), 400m Drills, 200m WD

2mile Spin to Work

PM - 1 Hour run Z2 at lunch

Later - 6 mile spin home

...in training for IM Nice in June and loving it !!

• guv001guv001 Posts: 227
    Been trianing every day for the last few weeks but have had no access to internet so haven't logged any of it, but yesterday I went for a 5 mile jog today 15 miles on the bike and a 5 mile run.
    I went for a 2.5km sea swim yesterday followed by a 3km run on the beach.

First half of Swim was easy then I was coming against the current on an outgoing tide on the way back. Hard work.

Run was good HR about 75 - 90% all the way. Need to go for longer though.

• Algarni - I was about to say that you were utterly crazy to be doing a sea swim at this time of year (and with the first snow falling yesterday as well), but then noticed that Auckland is probably just a wee bit warmer than England at the moment...

Still, sounds pretty masochistic - 3km on a (sandy?) beach is fairly hardcore. Too cold to swim in open water and too icy to cycle over here at the moment. Just been swimming 1000m 3 times a week and running 2 6km circuits. I'll wait till it warms up before starting the serious training....
  • p.s. that's a 6km circuit twice a week, rather than 26km!

• nickbnickb Posts: 13
    Yesterday - AM 6mile spin to work

Lunch 45 min Z2 bike followed by 20 min Z3 run

6 mile spin home + a tumble on black ice.... roll on Spring!!

.....evening - G&T + glass of red wine (must cut that out but I'm clinging to it's health giving properties)
    Yestaerday I went for a 1.5hour cycle hopefully covering 40 - 45km. I finished up at 9 at night then got myself to bed.

Up at 5 this morning for a 2.8km sea swim in 50minutes. Really enjoyed it as the water was warm and dead calm. Beautiful sunrise, I wish i had taken a picture to show all of you in the top of the world what you have to look forward to in a couple of months.

So I had my swim yesterday morning which I wrote in my last post then did my 14 hour day at work. (Restaurant was quite busy) Then last night I ran home 10km. The first 6 was tough then I seemed to relax for the last four km. I felt really good.

Unfortunately today I have a 17 hour day at work so am going to find it a little hard to find time to train but restaurant is closed tomorrow so, wife permitting, I will have a pretty good session tomorrow.

• the bellythe belly Posts: 125
    [:)][:)]ran 9 miles in snow to work weds, thurs rode 30 miles at mallory park.. friday 20 mile to work on bike, saturday swim 2500 mtrs , sunday 50 mile bike with hinckley crc.. theres people to beat [:@] must keep going another 20 miles bike to work today. must keep going[:@][:)]
  • [:)] given i can't tri train at the moment, the only training I've managed today is raising two pints of beer to my lips this evening... not quite the dedication needed but I'm sure it helps the broken hand/wrist - well at least pain control![;)][:D]

Yesterday went for a good 20k cycle to the beach to have a leasurely swim with the little nephews. (little triathletes in the making) Then rode back again. Hard work but starting to feel a bit better on the bike. (was my weakest discipline in my last tri)
  • Tuesday 10km run in 45 minutes with hr at 175 all the way round.

Wednesday 5km run in 23 minutes with hr at 165 all the way.

Both runs felt good but need work on technique as I feel i am wating too much energy.

It will come, at least I am able to get some training in.

• Had a couple of days just doing small cycles to work and back then did a 3.2km open water swim this morning.

Brilliant feeling with good weather to help.

• Wed 12 x 400m splits at 2mins/400m - starting to enjoy these :)

Thu 30min swim

Fri rest

Sat rest (tut tut)

21k slow run planned for Sunday morning. Posting this on here to motivate me to get my @r$e out of bed for 6am start.

Mike

• during my break from work today I went for 4.8km run in 19 minutes followed by 2.2km swim concentrating on speed and technique.

Need to go faster, meed to get better!!!
  • My week:29/01-04/02

Monday:AM 6 mile run, PM 1 hour swim

Tuesday: AM 6 mile run, PM 1 hour turbo (50min 140bpm, 10 min 170bpm)

Wednesday: Rest Day

Thursday: PM 1 hour turbo (45 min 140 bpm, 15 min 170bpm) PM 1 hour swim

Friday: PM 30 min turbo rec ride, PM 1 hour swim

Saturday: AM 1 hour run, PM 45 min turbo with 10 mins fast pedal

Sunday: AM 1 hour 30 mins turbo (1hour 5 min, 140 bpm, 25 min 170 bpm)

PM 1 hour run

Total: 11 hr 15 mins

• [:)][:D]another 50+ miles in the bag yesterday with hinckley crc [:)][:D] feeling good[:)][:D]
  • WellaWella Posts: 188
    Monday - Weights

Tuesday - 11km Run

Wednesday - Weights

Thursday - 5km Run

Sunday - Watford Half-Marathon

First attempt at the half-marathon distance and finshed in 1:48:04. Quite please especially as the description 'undulating course' doesn't do the course justice.
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    My training must seem pitiful compared to the rest of you.I should be training for an ironman race but things keep getting in the way.However today after my House triathlon of dusting,sweeping and ironing(botched the transition and spilt the dust pan).

gym brick session 12 mile bike in 30 mins at zone 2 follwed by 5.5 mile run again zone 2 cooling down with a 0.5 mile swim in 15 mins.
  • RewRew Posts: 62
    90 minutes on the turbo in the garage.... and still my toes were frozen at the end of it!!!
  • Monday 1km open water swim in rough sea but beautifully clear water, followed by a 3.2km beach run at 80%HRMax.

Tuesday 5.5km beach run at 70%HRmax. Hopefully today a 5km fun run and cycle after.
  • MikeyBMikeyB Posts: 135
    Still feel like I might cough up a lung if I try and do anything so no training for about a week now[:'(]

Mike