Home Chat General Chat

TT Bike build

Hi anyone know of a good bike shop in the London/South East areas where i can take my TT frame and components etc to get the bike finally built?

I have contacted Sigma Sports, who have quoted £210, seems pretty pricey to me, anyone else have any idea how much the builds costs?

Cheers

Comments

• huwdhuwd Posts: 228
    For £210 you could go and buy the tools and do it yourself!

Does seem expensive but seriously why not get your spanners out?
  • http://www.cyclesdauphin.com/

These boys are pretty good - at the top of of Boxhill.
  • FirestarterFirestarter Posts: 120
    I'll do it for £200.......
  • BradsterBradster Posts: 23
    I echo what Huwd, I recently bought an Ice Toolz kit through Amazon for £42. Completley stripped my road bike, cleaned and greased it and put it all together.
    Assemble you Beast and then take it to your trusted LBS and get them to do a basic service which should normally include a safety check. Should leave you with at least £100 in your pocket, which is almost Enough for a Bike fit. ( Try the Speacilized Concept Store in Ruislip, thats where i got my Bike Fit done)

Enjoy!
  • Thanks, i originally had planned on building it myself but then by the time ive got all the bits (now) time is a bit short. May still have a go if i cannot find anywhere that will do it for less than £140ish i think. I am most nervous bout cutting the folk tubing (headset bit) and fitting the headset
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    I built my TT bike this year, well I put it together then got the bike shop to do a full service - I left them to do the cables as I had completely cocked them up, the cables were harder than i had thought. It cost £90 for the ful service inc safety check etc. They also cut the seat tube to length for me which I was worried about doing. I had measured it too long so had to cut it myself anyway...
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    If its just the steerer/headset issue you are worried about, I would get the fork fitted at your LBS (should be £20-25) and do the rest yourself. You'll never have to worry about having a bike serviced or repaired once youve put it together yourself and know exactly how each bit works.