Home Chat General Chat

Which bike

My season does not start until 30th may and I am unsure which bike to use. I got a new tri bike in the new year that I am still not use to riding and then I have my road bike which I raced on last year. My question is should I use the new bike for my first race or stick to the road bike until I am use to riding the new one. My first race is only a sprint and I am not to bothered about the result as I am using it as a warm up for the season

Comments

• EdstgEdstg Posts: 83
    Tri bikes are not really any more difficult to ride than a normal road bike, they are faster and better suited to triathlon. I have 2 questions why wouldn't you use it and why did you buy one if you are not intending to use it?
  • Congrats you have purchased the new bike. can you tell me how much KM you have drive your new bike. New bikes are not very much comfortable for the race.so use your old bike....
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Use the new one, you're only going to learn how it handles and feel at race conditions actually in a race.
    Training is one thing but racing is another. You're learn loads more about it and you under those conditions.

You've got to be able to know how the bike handles and that means spending time in the saddle of the new bike. You've got about 6 weeks to get some riding time on it, if the weather permits then do some mileage on it and then race in it.

You say your not bothered about the time, then this is exactly the time to test the bike under those race conditions.
  • huwdhuwd Posts: 228
    +1 Go for it - enjoy the new bike and if you don't then youll know what needs to change (more training on the new bike, improved setup etc.)