Home Chat Race Chat

tough guy

Im clostaphobic.. could anyone tell me how long your inside the vietcong tunnels for? and how long are they? can you skip this one, eg "excuse me marshall im not feeling quite so tough can I run past this one"

Comments

• DermskiDermski Posts: 14
    Hey Patrick62, I'm doing the toughguy too and Its my first time. I'm still asking myself why I entered, I should just stick to triathlons in the future. I read on the toughguy site that there is a number of these tunnels each off different widths. There is also apparently one that is a dead end [&:] I guess its best to look out for the one no one's going into and avoid it!

I'm not looking fwd to the watertunnels myself!!

Dermski

• Rich_CRich_C Posts: 152
    Hi,

Ive done the event and the tunnels are about 7 or 8 meters long if i remember correct.

The tunnels are tight! Dont crawl on your knees, I did at the start and got stuck with my knee under my chest and it was not nice and hurt getting free.

If you crawl on your belly you will be fine, even if your well built.

Its a great fun event. The electric wires after the 'tiger' hurt like hell. High volts at a low ampage so safe, but just like stciking your finger on a spark plug[:D]

Enjoy your day with Mr Mouse on his farm[;)]

Good luck with it[:)]
    Electric wires!!! [:'(]

so looking fwd to that....not! I'll be doing my best to slip past them as quickly as possible!

Have you got any other tips that may help us survive the day?

Cheers

Dermski

There are Marshalls all over the place but due to the large numbers who enter the event quite a few people cheat and dont do all the course as it should be done. 'Missing' the odd bits out can be done but it would ruin your day as thats the fun of the event (doing it all right).

Cross country running shoes are the best by far for running in. Trainers just make you slip and slide all over. I wore Nike CC shoes and they stuck to the mud like glue[:D]

Id wear long running leggings to prevent rope burns on your legs from the rope crossings.

Gloves are a must IMO.

Tip. If your running it to try for the best time you can then try and get as far forward as you can during the country miles run as when you get to the obsticles it gets hard to over take people as there are many bottlenecks in the course to hold you up.

Cheers
    Cheers for the tips Rich,

I not intending to try and set any PB, its going to be more like just get around and enjoy the experience for me.[:D] As for missing bits, I think its better to have a go and fail than not try at all.[;)]

On the clothing and shoes front, I've hoaked out my pair of retired Fell running shoes, and a pair of ron hills with a knackered knee and a couple of old running tops. Don't fancy distroying the new ones I got at Christmas just yet!!

This time next week we should be starting to get up to are necks in mud, and whatever else is out there on the course![sm=rolleyes.gif]

Cheers

Dermski

Enjoy![:D]

All clothing is suitable for the bin and nothing else at the finish[;)]

• Thanks everyone... the tunnels 8/10 metres long ? is that one stretch ? or do you go through one tunnel and then queue up for another one?
  • If you have anyone watching you get them to bring extra woolly hats and gloves so you can change yours after they get wet a shower cap under your hat is a great help in keeping the warmth in, the wet and cold is the hardest thing to overcome so mental strength is a must.

• hi all i am attempting tuff guy for the fist time on sunday i got a tuff guy baby grow not to bad getting it on but i bet its a bitch to get off when is wet, good luck to all wet necks have fun iain
  • yes thanks.. but how long are you in the vietcong tunnels for and how long are they
    Hey Good Luck on Sunday guys! Lets hope the weather isn't too cold! Its going to be tough enough! [;)]

All the best

Dermski!

patrick62 wrote:

yes thanks.. but how long are you in the vietcong tunnels for and how long are they

Hi mate, if i remember correctly its about 7 or 8 meters of tunnel.

Scuffs the knees a bit,

Just back from The tough Guy and WOW![:D]

It was amazing! Just like The krypton factor Assault course on steroids!!

How'd you guys do?

I had a massive grin on my face the whole way round, but I did think to myself that I really shouldn't be enjoying this, as I jumped into another pool of waist deep muddy water![:)]

Will I do it again, I really hope so!

To anyone else, if you fancy challenge, you really should give this a go!

Dermski!

• Hey Patrick62, how did you get on ?

I have been reading this thread which you started regarding the vietcong tunnels and I was wondering how you got on ?
    Dermski wrote:

Just back from The tough Guy and WOW![:D]

It was amazing! Just like The krypton factor Assault course on steroids!!

How'd you guys do?

I had a massive grin on my face the whole way round, but I did think to myself that I really shouldn't be enjoying this, as I jumped into another pool of waist deep muddy water![:)]

Will I do it again, I really hope so!

To anyone else, if you fancy challenge, you really should give this a go!

Dermski!

Well done![:)]

• I too did the tough guy, i couldnt believe the amount of mud there was, the fire was so wicked to run through but the water troughs in between were so much fun, I loved jumping off the plank, 20 foot down into ice cold water, but hey we are 1% of the country who have ever done this, all I can say is role on July 29th 2007, I will be on that startig line once again shouting "YOHIMBE"