Home Chat General Chat

Alternatives to bodyglide?

Hi,

I fly to spain in the morning for a weeks training, mostly sea swim.

My problem is I have forgot to get some Bodyglide for under the wetsuit. Are there any alternatives that are safe to use without causeing any damage to the suits material? Im happy with the suit would hate to spoil it.

Thanks in advance for any responses[:)]

Comments

• KY Jelly. Seriously.
  • rpopper65rpopper65 Posts: 171
    Baby oil and olive oil also work very well (I have used them both at various times over the past 2.5 years, when I ran out of bodyglide, on the same wet suit and not seen any signs of damage at all). Any non-petroleum lubricant (i.e. not Vaseline or petroleum jelly) works well and won't damage the rubber.

Now, no giggling at the back, but lubricants for use with a wet suit would be the same as those for use with a condom, because no one wants to dissolve the rubber in those, either.
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Sorry to put a bit of a downer on the old KY jelly but as it is water soluble it will only help putting the wetsuit on.Try sudocream,or even waterproof sunscreen with a high factor the higher the better.
  • LeeCookLeeCook Posts: 22
    ha ha ky jelly... i won't ask what you get up to!! I find baby oil works a treat to get the wetsuit off, never used olive oil but it sounds an expensive way to do it.
  • I don't think you hve to use extra virgin!
  • Brave soldier friction zone.

review on the attached page.

http://www.phidippides.co.uk/gear_reviews.html