Home Chat General Chat

Mavic Ksyrim SL or Dura Ace 7850?

I NEED some new wheels, had windfall from work and need to spend before the Mrs gets her hands on it to buy shoes or bags etc.

I'm not good enough for deep section carbons, besides, most of my races are in Cornwall which is very hilly and windy.

Was sold on the Dura Ace 7850s as I can get for £425 and they are only 1500g. Just been to LBS and they informed me the bearings are not sealed and suggested the Mavic Ksyrim SL. They are a bit more expensive but have sealed bearings.

PLEASE HELP! and if anyone has any other suggestions please add.

Cheers

Comments

• FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Can only comment on the Mavics as I have a pair of these... Love 'em.
  • bulletbullet Posts: 115
    Have at look at Easton EA90SL , or if you are pretty light (in weight) EA90SLX

Fantastic hubs , and in your price range .

• http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/components/wheel-sets/product/hurricane-wheelset-10-35761

I've got these for raining and racing on ( when it's wet/windy etc) and they are simply brilliant.

Mike the Bike recommended them and I have to say he's spot on. Faultless and bombproof and under 1500g a pair.
  • stevsterstevster Posts: 73
    I have the 7850 24mm clinchers and they are the best wheels I have ever used.
    The 24mm are particulary strong and since buying them last July they are still as straight as the day I bought them.
    These wheels are great for everything, climbs, flats and down hill is scarily fast.

Unfortunately I havent used the Mavic for comparison but I have had Bontragers and there is no comparison.

Infact they are so good I bought the 50mm as well ;o))))
  • LexLex Posts: 65
    Ive got a pair of the 50mm deeper section Dura Ace wheels are they are great. Even in windy conditions they aren't too twitchy. Very pleased with them.
  • pataallenpataallen Posts: 94
    i've got a set of CL7850s.

Simply Outstanding.