Home Chat General Chat

iphone apps

Do any of you use some sort of gps to map runs etc on iphones?
I was thinking of downloading one but there are too many to choose from!

Comments

• GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    I've got cyclemeter about £2 not bad so far but not had it long.
  • gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    MapMyBike
  • I have runkeeper, but the gps signal seems to drop off very easily and ruins pace/time and distance feedback. Guess it isn't the apps fault, it is the gps, but living in a urban area, I was expecting better from it.
  • what about mapmyrun? Anyone??
  • I use the free version and it seems to work fine for logging any workouts.
  • AtomicAtomic Posts: 126
    I use imapmyride for cycling only but there is also imapmytri, imapmyrun, imapmyfitness, etc.

Usually switch it on and stick iphone in pocket and forget about it until i stop it at the finish. It automatically downloads to your account on mapmyride and shows route map, time, pace, plenty of stats, and you can add pretty much any info you want.

I cant really fault it for a free app. Certainly wouldn't spend money on something else.
  • Hi

I use Runkeeper and find it works really well for me. Particularly like the ability to see the route easily on a map and compare workouts. You can also link it to Facebook so it automatically posts each workout on your wall - handy if you have friends/training buddies that also use it and you enjoy a bit of banter

I live in the sticks near Skipton and thus far (recent convert to iPhone) have had no problems with GPS signal dropping. Only gripe?...the annoying woman's voice that tells you pace, time and distance covered every 5 minutes.

Good luck.
    Iain
  • Thanks for the replies...I just downloaded imapmyrun and it got correct location as I lay in the bath!! Not used yet.
    The Runkeeper looks good too...may try that and compare both then delete one!
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Carrying the extra batteries required will slow you down though.