Home Chat General Chat

Running shoes off the bike

okennyokenny Posts: 231
Anyone have any tips on how they coordinate their bricks...

do u carry the running shoes with you on a long ride, then leave the bike somewhere and go for a run?
If so, do u carry a lock to then secure the bike...not sure I'd like to leave my bike around most places, even with a lock....bike computer, wheels, even bottle(!) etc...can all disappear!
How do u carry the running shoes with you? Doing a long ride with a rucksack is no fun.
Be happy with any tips! I'm sure u IM guys have solved all these issues!

Thanks!

Comments

• dancox_ukdancox_uk Posts: 5
    sorry if this sounds simple but I finish my ride back at home then trainers on and out
  • okennyokenny Posts: 231
    I live in the city.....cycling home through the city is bad enough with the cars, cobble stones, traffic lights etc... then lugging my probably muddy bike up to the 5th floor....changing into running shoes and then heading out for a run though the city is not ideal...
  • hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    Drive somewhere.

Ride the bike.

finish the ride back at the car.

Put bike in car.

Put runners on and go.

Come back to car and drive home.
  • largeadelargeade Posts: 166
    +1 4 hussler, although park somewhere busy.

Alternate: Ride bike to middle of a field. Run circular route around bike. Achieve interval training by chasing blaggards trying to thieve said bike.

I like your suggestion largeade!!

Fine as long as there are no thieves with fast legs!

I will go for Hussler's suggestion....but my bike doesn't fit in my ridiculouly unpractical Audi A3 and my lockable Thule roof carrier probably isn't gonna hold the blaggards off for long!

Still no solution on how to carry the running shoes on the bike though.....getting the roof rack out is so much hassle.
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    Don't bother with bricks, thats the easiest option. Just enjoy the feeling when you do a race that the legs you are using don't belong to you.

Otherwise, buy a new car, buy a new flat, move, give up Tri
    TRIumphant wrote:
    Otherwise, buy a new car, buy a new flat, move, give up Tri
  • ollybollyb Posts: 11
    Depends how much you love the audi. My bike went in the A3 no problem if I took the front wheel off. Back seats had to go down of course.