Home Chat General Chat

To the '220 Team' - What happened to the free gift

Has anybody else been expecting a ' free gift ' with their New subscription to 220, and not received it. I don't like to sound like a whinger but for some reason I have not had my ' free bike tool' and trying to get any response from the team at 220 seems to be a waste of time. It stinks a bit to say the least.

And I was really looking forward to that it! It could have changed my whole season.

[image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m9.gif[/image]

[Don't promise what you can't deliver]

Comments

• MikeyBMikeyB Posts: 135
    I haven't received mine either. I had almost forgotten about it.

Better start chasing it up I supose.
  • Rich_CRich_C Posts: 152
    I think theres a 'subtle' thread title at the top of this section titled

IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO SUBSCRIBERS

[;)]
  • I have emailed them twice about mine but not even received a reply yet. However, they still send through all other offers etc. Very frustrating!
    The IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO SUBSCRIBERS thread is about a swimming DVD. We are talking about the multi-tool offer.
    MikeyB wrote:

The IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO SUBSCRIBERS thread is about a swimming DVD. We are talking about the multi-tool offer.

Many apologies! My mistake
    Rich_C wrote:
    ORIGINAL: MikeyB

Many apologies! My mistake

No problem. I have contacted the 220 team though I don't expect much of a response over Christmas.

Has any one else actually received this gift?

Mike

• I had a problem a while back with another free gift and found the only course that worked was to get on the blower and call Origin Publishings. It may only be small but the free gift is a nice thing to get. It beats all the bills that normally come through the letterbox.
    Got a reply to my email saying sorry for the delay but the gift has now been sent. So worthwhile letting them know if you haven't received it.

Mike

Of course sending me an email saying you have sent my gift is not actually the same as sending me my gift.

Still haven't received my multi-tool. Very disapointed that it wasn't sent in the first place, but to plain lie about sending it is very bad indeed.

Mike

• I've only just got subscription (Christmas present) so I'll not be holding my breath for my 'free gift' then, bit of a blow as should be pair of goggles and my current pair went a bit mouldy over christmas pool closure week. However if this thread gets any longer I'll pop over to Origin Publishing towers and knock on their door.
    I think the reminder I sent two days ago must have worked because my gift finally arrived today.

If anyone else is waiting for their gift I recommend pestering them via email to remind them and posting here so that it is public how poor they are being.

Mike

• pdundepdunde Posts: 99
    yeah i am still waiting a SIS Food pack from when i re-subscribed in Nov. I have emailed them about 2 weeks ago with no response. I was also missing January's edition, however they have sent me another copy of that after some pestering. Phoning them is the way forward, they just dont seem to respond to email.

Phil
  • jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    hAH! Complete waste of time guys... you might... if you are lucky get a different free gift from the one you thought you were getting sometime in the summer...

I subscribed about 5 months ago expecting the Swim Smooth DVD ... chased when not received and was told it had been sent ... did not receive it! (shock horror) and chased again... told they had actually run out ... no apology for blatantly lying to me just the usual sorry for inconvenience... waited another month .. nothing.. chased again... and again ... eventually told they had to offer me something else... selected a bike computer... guess what! ... didn't get it... chased again and again... finally gave up and a week ago received.... a multi-tool...

So if anyone receives a swim smooth set in september that wanted a bike tool let me know and i'll swap!

MUPPETS!
  • apkapk Posts: 21
    I got mine last week. had to wait since November?

But it is really good quality and worth the wait.

It is very nice but I shouldn't have to nag and complain to get it. I also shouldn't have to put up with being lied to when I was told it had been sent. It is just an extra hassle that I don't need.

Mike

This is the only forum on the internet Ive ever seen where there is zero input from Moderators or admin oTher than starting the odd thread very so often.

Not meaning to be picky and certainly not meaning to offend anyone, but it seems like they created the forum then lost interest?
  • Just to add some more to my thread. Sorry to whinge. I actually sent an email to James Witt, the editor chap you see inside the 3rd page of the mag. He apolagised and told me he was sending my request onto the relevant department.

By the looks of all your messages I won't hold my breath.

[:@]