Home Chat General Chat

Magazine wetsuit tests - and advice

Just wondering which magazines, and which issue, have reviewed wetsuits lately?
Need to replace my current 2XU E1 as it's now too big! Pesky training.

Comments

• willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    220 had one this month
  • GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    So do tri plus
  • gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    Cheers.
    Went to the library, I mean WHSmiths, at lunchtime.
    Like what 220 said about Blue Seventy.
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    B70 rock.

I've just got a reaction - it's frankly awesome.
  • Im SpartacusIm Spartacus Posts: 204
    I can't speak highly enough of the Blue Seventy Axis, a bit pricey but well worth the investment.
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Loving my Helix at the moment. Difference between that and my Orca S2 is like comparing a ferrari to a
    vauxhall viva.
    Keep the advice coming, I'm adrift (pun intended) in a sea of wetsuit choices right now. :roll:

My 2XU E1 is in the classifieds section - Small Medium. I'm now down to 58kg (5'7"), so way to big for me.
    I'm looking for a suit that will help my swim - bouyant but also pretty free in the shoulders. So not looking to the top-end as they seem to be aimed at 'proper' swimmers and not my piddling 7:30 400m TT. Also hadn't planned on suddenly having to part with the best part of £300 this week!

So... the Blue Seventy Axis has caught my eye, although the cheaper Reaction is more in my price range.

I'm not tied to one manufacturer, and open to which suit is going to help me the most, so will hopefully be trying on this Thursday:
    - 2XU T0 2010, 2XU V1 (2009). (V1 too pro?)
    - Blue Seventy Axis, Reaction (these seem to have wildy different buoyancy profiles)
    - Orca Sonar, 3.8

Looking for good fit instore but would love to hear some open water opinions.

Im Spartacus wrote:
    I can't speak highly enough of the Blue Seventy Axis, a bit pricey but well worth the investment.
    Im Spartacus, what kind of swim times are you doing?
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    Got myself a 2XU E2 a couple of weeks ago, 10% off, and free neoprene hat. Awesome suite, a major upgrade form my C2 I had previously. Swum in OW in it and it was a dream, but today I did a 6000m pool swim in it, and I flew, overheated though. Did 6km in the time I did 5km without a suit. Can't really find a fault with it.
  • jrhunt78jrhunt78 Posts: 43
    +1 for B70.

Not a great deal of experience of others but can fault the helix!
    TRIumphant wrote:
    today I did a 6000m pool swim
    Bloody good effort!!
    jrhunt78 wrote:
    [quote="TRIumphant":1ws6hl32]today I did a 6000m pool swim
    Bloody good effort!![/quote:1ws6hl32]

Just read your post on the BCTTT board - you forgot to mention the other 3000m you did out of your wetsuit! Sume people are just too humble!!!
    I assumed it was a typo!